Cycle Helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marko1975

I have been cycling now for three years and it still annoys me know when so called safe car drivers who use their phone or dont wear their sear belt or glasses when they are supposed to tell me to war a cycle helmet its so nice that everyone is concerned with my welfare, How safe are they

gavintc

Guru
Why worry about a driver not wearing a seat belt?

Mark_Robson

I've never had a driver tell me to wear a helmet. I've been told to get off the road, get into the cycle lane or stay to the left but I've never been told to get a helmet. Obviously I am talking about my pre helmet days here. :wacko:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL, not really. A flag will get you noticed as much more as putting one on a martian spaceship, i.e. utterly pointless. I dislike hiviz stuff and don't think it's much use, but a bent is more visible than the most hiviz thing ever.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I once had a guy overtake me and cut me up, I looked through his rear window and he was slapping his head furiously.

As usual with these things I caught him up a few hundred yards down the road and filtered past on the right. We had a little chat, a bit like this:

"What was.."
"WHERE'S YOUR HELMET!"
"but why.."
"WHERE'S YOUR HELMET!"
"you.."
"WHERE'S YOUR HELMET!"

Flags are useful in car parks.

I hope you are going to get an England flag during the World Cup BM.

BentMikey said:
LOL, not really. A flag will get you noticed as much more as putting one on a martian spaceship, i.e. utterly pointless. I dislike hiviz stuff and don't think it's much use, but a bent is more visible than the most hiviz thing ever.

Wow I never knew that.

Wolf04

BentMikey said:

Bentmikey referrering to a dislike of HiViz in a helmet thread *Ducks for cover*
:eek:;):tongue:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nowadays I usually do support England/the UK. There's so much lost potential here since sports are so badly promoted and prioritised, I think the underdogs need all the success they can get to inspire more sporting heros.

Top Bottom