cycle hero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
spen666 said:
sykes said:
spen666 said:
sykes said:
Here's an article on the bbc web site about the new CTC ad.
Not too bad but as usual mentions red light jumping! And RLJers still say it does not effect peoples opinion of us???
hmmmm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6900694.stm

Effect or affect?

Pedantic persons please clarify

oops i must have posted on the wrong forum thought this was a cycle forum not a grammar forum my apologies.

Surprised you've not pulled me up on the over use of question marks!

will try better next time.

oh are you a RLJer by any chance? :tongue:

I don't know which of the two is the correct one- hence the question

Should be "affect", judging by the context.
:?:

Blonde

Heh! Good caption to the world naked bike ride photos 'Cyclists go to great lengths to get their message across'..... but they only show a view of the cyclists from behind so you can't see their 'great lengths'.

Sorry, I'll get my coat. :tongue: :?:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Blonde]Heh! Good caption to the world naked bike ride photos said:
great lengths [/b']to get their message across'..... but they only show a view of the cyclists from behind so you can't see their 'great lengths'.

Are you really sure that is something you'd want to see??[/b]

Originally Posted by beanzontoast
The ad is interesting from the point of what it stands for - what it's trying to achieve. Full marks for ambition, anyway. Not sure too many viewers will identify with the central figure as any kind of 'typical' cyclist though!
The question as to whether the add/film was good, bad or indifferent was discussed in great detail (and with a certain amount of 'spirit') on the CTC forum. I don't think that the film is aimed at Cyclists particularly, more likely target are the people who have a bike stuck away, not being used. Comments (some quite strong ones) were made regarding the depiction of 'oddballs, nutters, gratuitous sex symbols (CTC ... some of em :biggrin:) with few posters realising how the non Cyclist public some times see Cyclists. I don't know about anywhere else but I see several characters each day in the Lincoln area who could have come straight off that film set (yeah I know Lincoln/Lincolnshire ... :biggrin: ) hells teeth I might be one :smile: . Anyway I only put the link here so that if anyone had not seen the film they had the chance ... and I also think that for a first attempt it was pretty good :smile: .

Yup - read the CTC stuff. I also thought the 'other' cyclists looked familiar (the slightly older lady was a bit scary, I thought) - it was just the lycra lovely that distanced it from reality rather! I'm sure I'd remember seeing her on my commute!

Top Bottom