Cycle hire in France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidg

is this the right place to put this thread?!

Greetings all

I am probably going to go and drive around France in June. Probably down the Eastern side to the South i.e. Champagne, Burgundy, Annecy onwards.

I am also training for a triathlon and over 2 weeks will definitely need at least three decent rides on a road bike, but there is no way I can take mine….

My question…does anyone know any resource or places to hire okay bikes for the day or is it going to be a question of searching locally…

Any experience/feedback welcome!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Can I ask why you can't take yours?
In the meantime - hiring bikes in Annecy is easy. I used this crowd about 18 months ago. They hadn't got anything particularly top-end when I was there.
For other places I'd suggest you Google 'Bike hire (whatever town you're going to)' as bike hire is pretty common in France, or at least the more visited bits.

OP
OP
davidg

davidg

just figured if I am only going to use it for 3 days or so, then it's a lot of hassle to take...

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
Can I ask why you can't take yours?
In the meantime - hiring bikes in Annecy is easy. I used this crowd about 18 months ago. They hadn't got anything particularly top-end when I was there.
For other places I'd suggest you Google 'Bike hire (whatever town you're going to)' as bike hire is pretty common in France, or at least the more visited bits.

They do appear to have Giant SCRs available, which ought to do for a bit of training...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
davidg said:
just figured if I am only going to use it for 3 days or so, then it's a lot of hassle to take...

Depends on what/who else you need to get in the car, I suppose. And what car you have. A road bike with the front wheel off will go in most hatchbacks / estates.

OP
OP
davidg

davidg

TheDoctor said:
Depends on what/who else you need to get in the car, I suppose. And what car you have. A road bike with the front wheel off will go in most hatchbacks / estates.

2 weeks of stuff and some wine purchases while I'm there! it is possible to get in the car easily, but for 3 days worth, the mrs will be whining about that all the way!

just too much effort on this occassion

Top Bottom