Cycle Insurance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Home Insurance every time for me. Currently with a very competitive M&S policy which includes multiple bikes, away from the home (obvious but not offered by all), with an individual value of £3000 each.

When I got my new bike last summer I rang to inform them and was simply told "keep the receipt and your covered, you don't need to tell us."

There is no additional charge with M&S as they don't even ask about bikes. Just individual items over £3000

martint235

Dog on a bike
My home insurance want £18 per month more to insure Lelly. That's just to raise the insured sum from £1,175 to £2,000 and it's not new for old!! Going through the CTC website I got a quote for new for old cover for £14 a month so long as I have a gold standard lock

vickster

Legendary Member
My bike was stolen and covered on home insurance - I had a big £200 excess though - the cycle specific policies don't usually have (such a big) one. But cycle insurance is expensive compared to the addition to a home policy. I bought the replacement before the claim was settled, I got a cheque - so no restrictions on where to buy. No specific lock requirements either. Any bike up to the value of £500, so £700 if you take the excess into account) is covered, my road bike is separate

I considered this, but costs £££ if you have a bike costing over £500 or so http://www.corridori.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25&Itemid=29

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I insured my lot on my house insurance. There's a big jump in premiums after £1500. Mine are all covered theft, loss and even accidental damage (I though essential for a carbon frame). Only cost me £2 a month extra. :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mine are through CIS. Two of the bikes are worth over £1k so are on a seperate 'additional Items' policy. This costs me £10 a month extra for a £1300 and a £4000 bike.

Schneil

Veteran
I'm insured through cycleguard. Around £50 for a year for £500s of bike. I know it might be cheaper to go through the home insurance, but I work in a high risk area. I've had one bike nicked at work, but they paid out.

Top Bottom