Cycle Parking - Longbridge, Birmingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RMurphy195

Longbridge "Town Centre" - on the site of the (sadly defunct) Rover works.

Next to the new M&S is a new multi-storey car park. Which has cycle parking facilities, overlooked by a security camera, in a nice brightly-lit area. Access is by the new access road which leads off from the Lickey road, and its level with plenty of room - as you turn into the car park entrance you will see the "Cycle Park" sign in the far left-hand corner. And with toilet facilities and an entrance to M&S nearby.

We often criticise the planners etc. but I think this is an example of where they've got it right.

Just thought you'd like to know - Richard.

snorri

Legendary Member
That's good to hear:smile:.

StuartG

slower but further
Longbridge "Town Centre" - on the site of the (sadly defunct) Rover works.
Ahem - The Austin works. That was what it was built with and spent most of its successful life as. Rover comes from another place and its Longbridge connection is best forgotten. I cried the day Longbridge was closed. It was key to much of west midland engineering companies which mostly disappeared with it.

But good that Longbridge is now becoming more cycle orientated. As of course Rover has a greater association with cycle manufacture than Austin. Isn't this an object of pure beauty?

fit1563.jpg

OP
OP
RMurphy195

RMurphy195

Can you add it to osm.org if it's not already there, please?
Well, I've registered with OSM and added a note, but can't see a way of adding a symbol! Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: In fact added a note, then found the editors and used one to add a bicycle park symbol - did the save etc. But when I go back into OSM it's all vanished! Not finding OSM particularly friendly to use. Will have another go one day when I'm back in "Computer-Nerd" mode!

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
EDIT: In fact added a note, then found the editors and used one to add a bicycle park symbol - did the save etc. But when I go back into OSM it's all vanished! Not finding OSM particularly friendly to use. Will have another go one day when I'm back in "Computer-Nerd" mode!
Sounds like you've done it. If it displays when you go back in the editor, it saved. It takes a while for the map display servers to notice and update. A few minutes for the default view and days for the cycling layer.

OP
OP
RMurphy195

RMurphy195

Sounds like you've done it. If it displays when you go back in the editor, it saved. It takes a while for the map display servers to notice and update. A few minutes for the default view and days for the cycling layer.

Yup it did show up in the editor as you say. Will look into seeing if I can get it into the cycling layer later on, thanks.

Top Bottom