England : Kent Cycle Path East of Sittingbourne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhythMick

Über Member
According to Open Cycle Map there's a purple dashed line, which I THINK means a future planned cycle path. Looking at Satellite photos it looks like a well-surfaced path which then turns into a less formal path for a short distance before joining Lomas Road.

Can anyone tell me if this is cycleable ? Road bikes, not MTBs.

Capture.JPG

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

The purple dashes mean footpaths unfortunately.

The road is generally fine to use, although I wouldn't use Eurolink Way, as it's concrete with really annoying sealed joints which aren't sealed so you go THUD......THUD.......THUD etc.

Rather than dropping into town from the north, come in via Stickfast Way, Sheppey Way, Quinton Road, Vicarage Road, then right onto the High Street, then left then right onto Mill Way, go under the railway bridge and past the station, then St. Michael's Road, left onto Murston Road, then right onto Tonge Road, then on into the countryside.

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
The purple dashes mean footpaths unfortunately.

The road is generally fine to use, although I wouldn't use Eurolink Way, as it's concrete with really annoying sealed joints which aren't sealed so you go THUD......THUD.......THUD etc.

Rather than dropping into town from the north, come in via Stickfast Way, Sheppey Way, Quinton Road, Vicarage Road, then right onto the High Street, then left then right onto Mill Way, go under the railway bridge and past the station, then St. Michael's Road, left onto Murston Road, then right onto Tonge Road, then on into the countryside.

Appreciate the detail thanks very much

Top Bottom