Cycle prices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
If new bike price risen too steeply.........you keep your money and the would be profiteers ...... keep the bikes.
There’s a thread on this already. People won’t keep their money. It’s simple business, supply & demand. Although cycling is massive & seems to be growing it’s a good job we’re not like Holland & China, if it wasn’t for all the bone idle fatties the prices would be even higher.

vickster

Legendary Member
There’s a thread on this already. People won’t keep their money. It’s simple business, supply & demand. Although cycling is massive & seems to be growing it’s a good job we’re not like Holland & China, if it wasn’t for all the bone idle fatties the prices would be even higher.
I saw very few bikes in Beijing and Shanghai surprisingly. That was back in 2012, expect there’s even fewer now and even more cars. The traffic and pollution were horrendous (similar to São Paulo, Guatemala City and Bangkok, Mexico City even worse by all accounts). We actually have quite light traffic in the U.K. relatively

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A fine sentiment @Doug. but if people need or want a bike they will buy. As said it's supply and demand.
I don't believe higher prices point to profiteering, there are other issues involved.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I only spotted one purchase worthy of making over the whole last year, and that was secondhand as they always are with me. Poor choice and generally high prices on both new and used markets, i got very very lucky in November, before and since has mostly been a waste of time even looking. At least the first half of this year will be the same, possibly even the whole year. Best give it a miss.

Milzy

Guru
I saw very few bikes in Beijing and Shanghai surprisingly. That was back in 2012, expect there’s even fewer now and even more cars. The traffic and pollution were horrendous (similar to São Paulo, Guatemala City and Bangkok, Mexico City even worse by all accounts). We actually have quite light traffic in the U.K. relatively
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing
That's a fact
It's a thing we can't deny
Like the fact that I will love you till I die.

vickster

Legendary Member
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing
That's a fact
It's a thing we can't deny
Like the fact that I will love you till I die.
That’s as maybe but they certainly weren’t being ridden when I was there...there might be 9 million bicycles hiding in sheds in Greater London too :whistle:

I’ve no idea what the rest of what you've written means though :wacko:

PeddleMyCrank

So with this subject I was wondering if I was defo being ripped off on this Bike to Work scheme even though the seller likes to remind me I'm making a 31% overall saving...?? The Bike I want is a ROMET HURRICANE ROAD BIKE..
The bike is 699 euros but I get a scabby helmet and lock with it. Now I'm not anywhere near an expert as u can probably tell but I was hoping somebody could tell me if I'm being ripped off on the price and whether the bike is any good?? Plz help if u can

Cycleops

Legendary Member
So with this subject I was wondering if I was defo being ripped off on this Bike to Work scheme even though the seller likes to remind me I'm making a 31% overall saving...?? The Bike I want is a ROMET HURRICANE ROAD BIKE..
The bike is 699 euros but I get a scabby helmet and lock with it. Now I'm not anywhere near an expert as u can probably tell but I was hoping somebody could tell me if I'm being ripped off on the price and whether the bike is any good?? Plz help if u can
You've already got some useful replies and suggestions in your other thread.

Top Bottom