Cycle routes in the south of France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greg Hingley

Hi.

I am planning to cycle from the Pyrenees to Italy along the Med or slightly inland. I cannot find any good routes online. Does anyone have any good ideas.
Thanks

Greg

I suppose it depends what counts as good in your eyes. I usually use cycle.travel to be honest. I did think of pointing to Eurovelo 8, but see much of it is in the planning stage.

RobinS

Veteran
From Argeles Sur Mer (near the Pyrenees) there is a signposted cycleroute as far as Arles in the Rhone Delta - did this in 2016 as part of long tour, it is either dedicated cycletrail or quiet roads. In 2017 we went from the Rhone delta to Italy as part of another tour, first part we found decent small roads etc as far as St Raphael, then it was the main coast road with just a few bits of cycletrail. Most if it was actually fine, which is more than can be said for it once you cross the border into Italy, where the coast road is narrow, very busy, and you are always squeezed between the traffic and Armco barriers. (except for a fantastic bit of cycletrail near San Remo).

Top Bottom