Cycle routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olly

Has anyone got any good cycle routes to share?
I know there are loads of websites but these tend to be automaticly generated routes. Today we went to explore borough Market from islington and tfl sent us down loads of one way streets.

Maybe we could have a section on the forum for members to recomended routes!?!?

What do yawl think???

Olly x

laertes

www.bikely.com and mapmyride.com have lots of routes on there.

deccoo

Where abouts you live Olly? I've got some good routes in deepest darkest Essex. Am doing new ones most weekends and sticking them up on google maps. If you are in the Islington area, jumping on the train from Finsbury Park to Potters Bar and beyond and hitting the country roads proper makes a good Sunday.

http://www.cycle-route.com/ is also worth a look.

OP
OP
O

Olly

Thanks for the replies!
I'll have a closer look at those sites. It maybe a good section to have on here??!!
There are so many ways around town. Everyone must have a fave. I'm planning on getting more country rides in this summer. At the moment I'm busy getting my wife confident cycling around London. ( she's doing very well too!!!!)

on a related subject...

Best iPhone mapping apps???
What I'd like to be able to do is work out a route on the web export a file to the iPhone to take along for the ride??

Any ideas??
Ollyx

OP
OP
O

Olly

Just downloaded motionx for iPhone ( it's on offer too!!!!)
and it seems to work well with imported gpx files!
Hey admin, I still think a gpx routes section would be cool :laugh:

cheers
olly x

Guvnor

Olly said:
Just downloaded motionx for iPhone ( it's on offer too!!!!)
and it seems to work well with imported gpx files!
Hey admin, I still think a gpx routes section would be cool :biggrin:

cheers
olly x

I've had this one a while now and it works vey well. You can also try imapmyride for the iphone as well, not a bad bit of kit either.:smile:

Olly said:
Has anyone got any good cycle routes to share?
I know there are loads of websites but these tend to be automaticly generated routes. Today we went to explore borough Market from islington and tfl sent us down loads of one way streets.

Maybe we could have a section on the forum for members to recomended routes!?!?

What do yawl think???

Olly x

I find this and stopped using TfL route planning for that reason, lots of one way street - the wrong way!

Very poor site.

wafflycat

I have the ideal tool for working out a cycle route. It's never let me down. It's also cheap as well as effective. It's called an OS map. :smile:

lanternerouge

Veteran
I find imapmyride incredibly clunky and hard to use. The new BETA version of it looks good but still doesn't have gpx uploading capability, apparently it's on the way though. I use EveryTrail or Endomondo with my iPhone, both pretty good!

Top Bottom