Cycle Storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Krypton

I'll be moving house soon, but still won't be able to store the bike indoors (wife won't have it, full-stop!)

So, since I'll have room for both a shed and a separate outdoor bike storage facility, what would you recommend?

gbyers

Krypton said:
I'll be moving house soon, but still won't be able to store the bike indoors (wife won't have it, full-stop!)

So, since I'll have room for both a shed and a separate outdoor bike storage facility, what would you recommend?

Change your wife.

alfablue

I am not sure about the exact answer, I suppose I would go for installing an anchor point concreted under the floor. One thing to check if this applies is whether your house / bike insurance excludes bikes kept in sheds (some do regardless of security measures).

Keith Oates

Janner
gbyers;41949][quote name= said:
wife won't have it, full-stop[/B]!)

Change your wife.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit drastic, but you buy her a bed and put her in the shed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
You could try getting one of these and persuade her that it is really an art installation.:ohmy:

I intend trying it on Mrs HJ when we move in a couple of weeks time, then again as we are moving to a third floor flat maybe a shed would be a better option.

If you have decent bikes and are spotted riding around, you're at greater risk of burglary.

Pick the site of your shed. Get some steel cable and attach it to a big steel plate. Dig a foot-deep hole and put the steel plate at the bottom of it. Fill the hole with rubble and concrete. Cut a hole in the floor of the shed and put it on top of the cable. Lock the bikes to the cable with the biggest, heaviest lock you can find.

Or just put a basket on the front of your bike - it'll never get nicked.

Top Bottom