Cycle storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been looking at wall hangers for storing bike. Some wood efforts on Etsy that look smart. What does everyone use for bike storage on the wall in garage

si_c

Guru
The floor? :whistle::laugh:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I first saw these in a cycle cafe, they worked really well, front wheel into the padded hook and holds your bike vertical;
3 for a £5 here;
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BN3WALLH/3-wall-mounted-bike-hangers-bundle

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tripster

The floor? :whistle::laugh:

😁 Floor space is a premium in the garage so hence needing them out the way
I first saw these in a cycle cafe, they worked really well, front wheel into the padded hook and holds your bike vertical;
3 for a £5 here;
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BN3WALLH/3-wall-mounted-bike-hangers-bundle

View attachment 562850 View attachment 562850
View attachment 562852
I like them, but prefer flat to wall. Not enough space to have them like that which is a real shame as they are great and cheap

Drago

Legendary Member
Ive the benefit of a spacious bike workshop just for me, so I use wall mounted wheelbenders and just roll each bike in. I would recommend wheelbenders in any other environment, but its fine in the safety of your own workshop where no other human is permitted to enter.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have a mixture of hooks, but with the space to hang vertically. If I wanted to svae space I would look at something like SteadyRack, which work like very expensive poster displays in Athena, so you can 'flip' through until you find the bike you want.

yo vanilla

I was looking into something more like Hornit Clug as I need something really easy for the kids to use, or else they just won't. The j-hooks like posted above, I know they won't bother. The SteadyRack looks to be the perfect option, if it weren't so expensive...

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I was looking into something more like Hornit Clug as I need something really easy for the kids to use, or else they just won't. The j-hooks like posted above, I know they won't bother. The SteadyRack looks to be the perfect option, if it weren't so expensive...
They look a good deal and decent price. I suppose I could get away with a few of the bikes vertically but not much space for all of them. 1 MTB, 1 hybrid, 2 road and a child’s mtb

OP
OP
T

Tripster

It’s the space needed to be left between each bike if I hang them vertical. Only got one section of wall. Other wall is used and motorbike against rest as pics below. Got between 4 and 5 ft wall space where bikes are now. I was going to hang new road bike only but now thinking maybe 3 vertical if possible and one will go behind motorbike. Kids bikes will be fine on floor
39E94344-A82C-4C7A-A4DC-11AB9760749B.jpeg
5D7A06E6-0D64-428C-BE73-40C931FF3CEB.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tripster

I have 1 bike hanging from ceiling joists. been thinking about doing another one or two bikes the same way
I use to do that in old house but not possible in this one. I would have one on each wall of house rooms and motorbike in kitchen but wife not liking that idea

Top Bottom