"Cycle to Work" Govenment scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
Bear in mind that accessories you buy through cyclesheme you have to pay the 5% + Vat at the end not just for the bike.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
My company used the Ride 2 Work Evans scheme and I've bought two bikes through it (one per year) plus a ton of accessories that make commuting easier. If you leave before the year's up you have to pay off whatever's left but I have several friends who have left the company within three years but haven't paid anything for their bike. Maybe it's a company by company thing.

I got a £500 voucher last time and am paying about £25 a month for a year, a saving of £200.

g00se

Veteran
gb155 said:
Eh ? Thats a new one on me !

Hmmm??? Just checked the cyclescheme website and our company website. It seems it on our intranet only - salary sacrifice is for 12 months but hire period is 36 months. Maybe it's a mix up with the copy after they moved schemes a few months ago and didn't update the website properly. Sorry about that.

Neddy

Was chatting with a colleague in the changing room this morning and he's been told that the company doesn't participate in the cycle to work scheme because it's too complicated for payroll. This is the head office of a well known high street retailer that prides itself on its healthy image! It is also a company that offers loans of up to £5,000 for certain employees to buy a car... I think I might need to have words with the 'Loans Administrator'.

northolthornet

It works for me. I took the full £1000 voucher and will pay back about £600ish back over 12 months. My travel costs over this period is about £2000 so the savings are great.

Top Bottom