Cycle to work insurance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
nigelb said:
Hi

Hopefully will be collecting a new bike under the "cycle to work" scheme tomorrow, so I need to organise insurance.

Need to ?

I know it says so in the documents, but my first bike through the scheme was never insured & no one ever asked if it was :wacko:
If it does go missing though you'll have to carry on with the payments & you'll have no bike :laugh:

Tynan

Veteran
out front in a metal timetals shed chained to a ground anchor bolted to concrete paving with an £80 chain and padlock

decca234uk

I keep my bike in the dining room much to my wife's annoyance. I tell her to look at it like a modern work of art, to see it through different eyes, to open her imagination. She tells me to **** Off.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
decca234uk said:
I keep my bike in the dining room much to my wife's annoyance. I tell her to look at it like a modern work of art, to see it through different eyes, to open her imagination. She tells me to **** Off.

You need a wife with a hobby.....unfortunately for me.... .all 4 of my bikes bikes are confined to the garage (plus the family bikes), whilst the wife's sewing machines take over the house... oh..and you thought a sewing machine costs a few hundred quid.......(like bikes eh....:smile:).........no..... £3k plus for the 'best one' the others are a £K or two here or there.........:sad:..... just like bikes...:smile:....

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
jimboalee said:
I haven't got bike insurance.

To get a bike out of my shed, the villian would need to get over a six foot gate, over a coil of razor wire, break off three bolt hatches, clamber over a lawn mower, rearange some rake and broom handles so a garden fork doesn't swing into them, lift the bike over a workbench without spilling the jar of battery acid and then get the bike over the razor wire and over the six foot gate.

This is if they don't trip over the string attached to a big bell on the side of the house.

Then, after all this, they find the MTB they got in to steal is worthless, the better bikes are in my spare bedroom.
If you negotiate the minefield in the drive
And beat the dogs and cheat the cold electronic eyes
And if you make it past the shotgun in the hall,
Dial the combination, open the priesthole
And if I'm in I'll tell you what's behind the wall.
:sad:

jimboalee

victor said:
If you negotiate the minefield in the drive
And beat the dogs and cheat the cold electronic eyes
And if you make it past the shotgun in the hall,
Dial the combination, open the priesthole
And if I'm in I'll tell you what's behind the wall.
:biggrin:

I have a trio of sweeping IR distance detectors and a computer to calculate the position of any intruder.

And a 7 megawatt laser cannon on the roof.

Top Bottom