cycle to work scheme.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

Paul_Smith SRCC said:
That does reduce their incentive, although many employers pass on the VAT saving to the employee as a goodwill gesture; they still save on the NI contribution of course.

If your employer will not implement the scheme because all they care about are their incentives and not yours then that is a shame.

Paul_Smith
www.corridori.co.uk

GregCollins said:
My employers are a charity and see no problem with the scheme. We can't claim the VAT back either so the bikes do work out more expensive for our employees than they would if we worked for commercial members of the scheme. Our HR took the view the NI saving plus the benefit it offered to employees was enough to justify it.

Most of the 'reasons' put forward by people for not joining in are bogus and come from a certain mean spiritedness towards employees imo. What it would have to do with your Governors/Council/Trustees etc., I could not say other than it is odd, ime, for the people at this level to get involved in operational stuff like cyclescheme.

Of course your people may have some special insight into drawbacks for charities that the countless other charities that are part of it have overlooked. But somehow I doubt it.

Not disagreeing with either of you.

You'd have to work here to truly appreciate what a naive, crap attitude my employer has to it's employees! :blush:

Debian

Well, I've started the ball rolling here at work.

I've just emailed HR to ask why we don't participate, to explain the advantages and to request that we register.

I'll let you know what transpires, but if it's anything else than an answer that translates as "we can't be arsed to do anything for you you grotty little employee" I'll be very surprised.

I live in hope though.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Debian said:
I'll let you know what transpires, but if it's anything else than an answer that translates as "we can't be arsed to do anything for you you grotty little employee" I'll be very surprised.

If they come over all enlightened and would like a charity HR dept to talk to about it and the +ve's then pm me. though I was the first, and it took 18 months of gentle persuasion, half our hr people now are on the scheme.

Chrisc said:
We're hoping, after months of badgering, to get the scheme set up at work. Looks promising now and ought to be in place in time for a new toy come spring! :cry:
The site says that an estimate of the final purchase price is around 5% of the original voucher so £50 on a £1k bike. Anybody who's been through it reckon this is what it roughly works out at?

I paid £20 final payment on my 1K bike

Norm

threebikesmcginty said:
Copy here as well please Norm, see if I can't get the b astards I work for back on this. :laugh:
I've PM'd the letter I used to get the idea of the scheme accepted. :cry:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
addictfreak said:
I paid £20 final payment on my 1K bike

£47 odd. some bizarre percentage my mate the Head of Finance picked on!

Debian

GregCollins said:
If they come over all enlightened and would like a charity HR dept to talk to about it and the +ve's then pm me. though I was the first, and it took 18 months of gentle persuasion, half our hr people now are on the scheme.

Thanks for the offer, I'll certainly bear it in mind ;)

Top Bottom