Cycle2work scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stemaka

I work for Royal mail as a postman in Leeds.I have just discovered that RM take part in Cycle2work sceme using bikes supplied by Halfords.
At the moment i cycle to work on an old clapped out touring bike so now having applied for Cycle2work i will soon be cycling to work on a nice new mountain bike:biggrin:

Has anyone else taken advantage of this sceme? If so what shop did you use and what bike did you get?

No.Never.

g00se

Veteran
Hi,

Nice one - I'm on a scheme too, it's a very good saving to be made.

A mountain bike, though, to commute? Be careful, it will be harder work than the tourer. Unless your commute is down the side of a mountain? :smile:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Me.

My employer, also based in Leeds, uses Halfords. But you are not limited to the Halfords range of bikes. They can get pretty much any bike you want, though they would prefer that you got one of theirs.

sheva

stemaka said:
I work for Royal mail as a postman in Leeds.I have just discovered that RM take part in Cycle2work sceme using bikes supplied by Halfords.
At the moment i cycle to work on an old clapped out touring bike so now having applied for Cycle2work i will soon be cycling to work on a nice new mountain bike:biggrin:

Has anyone else taken advantage of this sceme? If so what shop did you use and what bike did you get?

Which office you in mate? and can you tell me the web address for the royal mail c2w scheme, I`ve lost it. Cheers.

adscrim

Veteran
My employer has just entered a C2W scheme. I'm going for a Lupine Wilma 5 and some new clobber as the last time I bought a new bike was in April!

OP
OP
S

stemaka

Moodyman said:
Me.

My employer, also based in Leeds, uses Halfords. But you are not limited to the Halfords range of bikes. They can get pretty much any bike you want, though they would prefer that you got one of theirs.

Yes,i know about that,must admit would be tempted to try a different make to Halfords range.

GFamily

Über Member
I'm feeling very fortunate as I'm one of those scummy contractors who "come in and take permanent jobs from people" who wouldn't be employed anyway, because companies don't take on employees for projects that only exist on paper for a year or two.

Anyhow - I am employed through what's known as an Umbrella Company, who act as my employer in return for a small percentage of my contract rate each month.

Luckily, my Umbrella Company has signed up for C2W scheme, so I was able to get a nice new Brompton M6L 'primarily for my commute', but also so that me and Mrs GFamily now have one each for use around town or on holiday.

I love those bikes, and Mrs GFamily would have had one for her birthday this year anyhow, but getting one for just 57% of the cost is particularly good!

Oh yes, bought it through Harry Hall in Manchester. By compromising on the choice of colour (purple vs red+black) and taking one from their stock (red+black) it took 4 weeks from start to finish.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
stemaka said:

work for RM as well on my second C2W bike, they ( Halfords ) can get most bikes, limit is £500 on bike plus 15% on top of that in free accessories.

Top Bottom