Cyclechat’s Velo d’or

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So tonight they announced the Velo d’Or…won slightly contentiously by Jonas Vingegaard and not very contentiously by Demi Vollering!

But if you had a Velo d’or (other metals also available) who would you give them to? Who’s been your top rider of the year? Who’s made you yell at the screen, jump up and down and pedal harder on zwift?

Venod

Eh up
Sepp Kuss would get my award.
Excellent support in two grand tours and a win in the third. A hard working talented team rider.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I’m pretty happy with Demi winning for the women…with 15 victories she had twice as many as the nearest contender and won the TdFF.

For the men, I can’t choose between Pog and MVDP. Both incredible years in many ways, with several TV-shouting moments.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Demi Vollering for winning most of what there was to win.

I can't choose between MVDP, or, Pog for the men either. Maybe Sepp Kuss, just for his work with the Jumbo super team.

Adam4868

Guru
If we're going personal favourite it has to be Pogi,he's had a great season again.Best all round rider we've seen in a generation.
But honestly I probably think MVDP should of got it for this year's achievements,he's had a unbelievable season.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, Vingo won it!
He did win quite a lot.
The TdF, the Dauphine, Gran Camino, T of the Basque, 3rd in the P-N and the Vuelta (apart from letting Kuss have it :ohmy: )

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Demi and Pog. The jury goofed.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not worth a thread of its own but I see Remco is Belgian sportsman of the year. Woo

View: https://twitter.com/soudalquickstep/status/1733919504336367725

I'm not sure if they had a second place. But if they did ...
1702316112251.png

Top Bottom