CycleChat Armband/Patch/Silly hat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Someone in the Manchester-Blackpool thread in the Sportive/Rides section suggested that we should have a Cylechat armband or jersey badge so we can recognise each other on sportives etc.

I know we have the Kit (personally I think my jersey is brill), but it is rather expensive (and mines L/S so not ideal for Summer).

Realise it might be best to wait for the site redesign/new logo's, but what does everyone think in principle about a cheap badge or armband ?

KEEF

Veteran
yes

Shaun

Founder
Kestevan said:
Realise it might be best to wait for the site redesign/new logo's, but what does everyone think in principle about a cheap badge or armband ?

The logo isn't changing, so don't let that hold you up ... :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Or... in a Blue Peter stylee, we could fashion our own...

copy the logo into a word doc, print it out, laminate it (or better still if you can find any sticky-backed plastic, you could do something with that... or even glue it (Copydex only) to the plastic from an old washing-up liquid bottle) and hey presto! :smile:

[edit: somehow or other you'll need to attach a safety pin to the back... perhaps get an adult to help you with this bit] :-)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
On the next set of jersey's to be made up.
Leave a space at the top for a name.
Get jersey. Take into sport shop and get name printed like footballers jerseys.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
ianrauk said:
On the next set of jersey's to be made up.
Leave a space at the top for a name.
Get jersey. Take into sport shop and get name printed like footballers jerseys.

Not bad idea, any even better for me as I only need 1 letter and 1 number

gps315

Über Member
I vote for a iron on patch, with the number of "offs" i am having my jacket will soon be covered with them covering the holes...

My latest one is a red circle with "Ride More, Fall Less" brought for my by my wife! Sweet of her.....

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
threebikesmcginty said:
How about making it a fluorescent ankle band type thing, that way it has a practical purpose too. And who fails to notice a well turned ankle?

That sounds like a Northern thing, never catch on down south :smile:

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
4F said:
Seems like a prefect excuse to buy a short sleeved jersey N+1

Agree - and I'd be tempted if there were any left in sizes suitable for the more "muscular" gentleman. :smile:

Due to proposed redundancies, I might be having an enforced period of "abscence of employment" soon so might have some free time in the next few weeks to look at organising something :biggrin:

Top Bottom