CycleChat forum software upgrade - this weekend!!!

Shaun

Founder
CycleChat is going to be upgraded this weekend to the latest version of the forum software.

As part of the upgrade I'm also taking the opportunity to update the server software and to make some background changes to make the site easier to manage as well as offering a few extra features for you fine ladies and gents - so please expect quite a few hours of downtime.

I'll update this post once I have a better idea of timing (I'm currently working my way through upgrading the smaller forums).

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
All of the other forums have now been upgraded so I plan to upgrade CycleChat tomorrow night (Saturday).

I'll give you all a heads-up nearer the time. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
The upgrade will start at 11pm and should take about an hour. :thumbsup:

A few changes you'll notice afterwards:
  • Mobile style - has been removed in favour of the new (fully featured) responsive design which adjusts to suit the width and height of the device you are using to browse CC; mobile, tablet and PC.
  • Online status - has been removed as the add-on is no longer compatible or supported.
  • New editor - has some cool new features like drag 'n' drop picture uploading (for some browsers); auto-saving your replies every 60 seconds so if you browse away by accident or your computer flips out, or even if you move to another device elsewhere, your post is there when you re-load; smilies now drop out of the bottom of the editor panel and can remain open whilst continuing to compose your post.
  • @tagging - is now built-in, but will trigger alerts only, no emails (at least not yet anyway - it has been request and may come later!).
  • Improved conversation interface - several improvements have been made to conversations, primarily a list of all participants in the main view (you used to have to open a conversation to see all participants!)
  • Signature controls - new signature controls will now enforce the restrictions we have in the site guidelines.
  • Thread title editing - is now available and is linked to your post editing timer.
  • Members page - the full list of all members is now gone, replaced instead by Notable Members organised into groups of Most Messages, Most Likes, Most Trophy Points, and Staff Members.
  • Watch Forum - you can now watch a forum for new threads and new messages.
  • Posted since you started ... - message will be displayed to let you know if someone else has replied since you started composing your reply. You'll get an option to view the new posts before replying.
  • Quote size limiting - when quoting long posts the forum will now limit the height of the quote (with a link to fully expand it) so that pages are not overly long when very large posts are quoted.

Top Bottom