Cyclechat Goats League 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Unfortunately you will require a BigRingVR subscription to take part, sorry but they have the best and most varied climbs of all the sims.

One climb/ride a week will be posted up, and the fastest time to complete it for each rider will be taken, multiple attempts are allowed as long as you are within the rides 'Open' window.

Each ride will remain open for eight weeks from 00:00 on the Monday morning to 24:00 hours on the Sunday giving you a full 8 week period to complete the ride.

If you fail to complete the ride you will get a default time of the slowest rider plus 5% (10% is a bit harsh if you want to challenge for the title)

The challenge will be divided into 2 Halves, January to May (ish) and October to December, which allows for the drop off in enthusiasm during the potentially better weather during what passes for a Northern Hemisphere Summer.

The spreadsheet for the first half of the event May to September can be found >>> Here <<<. If you wish to take part, let me know on this thread and I'll add you to the spreadsheet. I have taken the liberty of adding most of the riders from last year, if you want to drop out let me know.

I've set up all of January's rides already, so hopefully I'll be able to keep ahead and not miss any weeks, although it does mean that BRVR challenge rides may well not be included during the actual challenge duration. Sorry.

Like last year @ibooij and BRVR may well set up a BRVR Goats league running in parallel with this one and using the same climbs, also like last year though the rules for the BRVR goats challenge will be different to the cyclechat on ... On Cyclechat, the cyclechat rules apply, Sorry.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
10% is a bit harsh if you want to challenge for the title
Damn straight!! :whistle:

:laugh:

SmP-62

Nice and clean rules.

May I suggest to put also opening and closing dates on the spreadsheet.

And regarding BR challenges ... if BR announce future challenges soon enough (they are nice guys, so it should not be to difficult ... :smile: ) , the same rides can be used also here.

Wish you all a lot of 'fun' in upcoming rides.

Thanks @Aleman

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

May I suggest to put also opening and closing dates on the spreadsheet.
Have done so, am also looking at trying to work out how to conditionally format the cells so that when a ride closes the row turns a different colour ... Easy in Excel, not so easy in Google Sheets :evil:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m throwing my hat as well as my out of shape arse in the ring!

What do you guys do for a warm up pre climb?

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

I normally hit a good downhill section ... Loveland pass is great, and the first 10km of starwars camyon does too.

Must start my GL 2019 challenge soon as well

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Excellent cheers mate! (Sort of... :B)). Barring a family disaster I’ll have a go tonight. I can’t remember what my username is bud. I’ll have a look tonight.
Well you've now got 4 rides to choose from, the first 2 are nice and short:smile: if that's of any help.

Edit To Add.
Oh, I forgot to mention they're both absolute b@stards which may not be as much help.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m all set up for my first ride tonight after getting bogged down in family and work drama yesterday.

My bigringvr name is Thomas Burton, as is my strava name. I’ve tried to change it to my user name here but I can’t seem to do it.

Couple of newbie questions. How do I add other people to my rides to use as markers? Also do you guys change trainer difficulty? And if so what do you set it at? I’ve got a 28t cassette on the turbo at the moment but I’d like to spin rather than grind.

Top Bottom