Votes: 27 31.8%
  • Cooked crispy

Votes: 43 50.6%
  • Cooked pale and anaemic

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • It's against my religion

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I like dry cured bacon from the butcher, cut thick, with a large strip of fat on the side. I have to overlap the rashers on the grill, so the fat covers the lean and keeps it moist as the fat crisps up. No sauce on the sandwich, I don't want to mask the bacony flavour although I like a couple of fried mushrooms sometimes. If I'm feeling especially devil-may-care, I occasionally dip the bread in the fat which collects in the grill pan, though that's properly mental and shouldn't be a regular thing.

But I also quite like some streaky sometimes, cooked so crisp that it's brittle and shatters when you bite it.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
But I also quite like some streaky sometimes, cooked so crisp that it's brittle and shatters when you bite it.
Sometimes whan I roast a Chicken I'll 'drape' 3-4 rashers over the breast, they cook to that point and are 'Chef treats' while I'm dishing up. :mrpig:

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Thick cut, smoked, beer and molasses cure. In a soft roll with butter. Best eaten on an island ferry in rough seas as you get other people's untouched for free.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Thick or thin cut doesnt really bother me. Smoked always although I'll happily eat un smoked. Air fried gets rid of the water content giving you nice crispy bacon.
Just eating a bacon sandwich, no butter, plain bread with brown sauce, never ever ketchup

That's how I have my bacon sandwiches because that's how my mum done them for me when I was a kid.

Top Bottom