Votes: 27 31.8%
  • Cooked crispy

Votes: 43 50.6%
  • Cooked pale and anaemic

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • It's against my religion

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The Seventh-day Adventist's
I think that may be just that communion bread must be un-leaven / non yeast, not an outright yeast ban

figbat

Slippery scientist
Unsmoked bacon - is ham and not bacon.
You'd take unsmoked bacon from the packet and put in a sandwich? xx( And what is smoked ham?
Bacon wrapped - around any other food is the work of fusion chefs who can't cut the mustard.
Does that count for pigs in blankets too? I never thought of them as fusion food; bits of pig wrapped in more pig.

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
A while ago a family moved into a house just along the road from us. When they bought the house they were surprised to find a HUGE shed in the garden, not mentioned in the property details. They were already doing smoking of various foods for personal and family use but saw an opportunity to turn this into a business, and did. Amongst other items they offered a number of different smoked bacons and they were amazing. The main benefit was the lack of water in the rashers - when cooked they stayed largely the same size, didn’t fill the pan with sweated fluid and didn’t curl and shrivel. They tasted great too (especially the Szechuan smoked version).

Sadly they sold up and moved away to pursue a different project and that was the end of Manshed bacon. 🙁

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
Went for a break recently and, arriving late, needed to get some food in. The only place open was a local farm shop, and we ended up buying among other things a pack of bacon, for £4.60. :eek:. Four pound sixty! For bacon!

Boy it was tasty! ^_^
Blimey, I get three carrier bags full off top quality, thick cut dry cured bacon, out of the vending machine for about £7.50 at one site I go to for work, it’s utterly delicious stuff, no injected water and fill the freezer up, they do nothing but produce bacon in the factory though!

Depends...

If I'm buying on yellow sticker, then I'm not fussy. Bacon never goes amiss here. If I'm paying full price, however, then *always* smoked and *always* dry-cured.

Back bacon for sandwiches and fry-ups, streaky for wrapping fish and chicken in, or for tartiflette.

And accompanied by sweet chilli sauce.

gbb

Legendary Member
Thick or thin cut doesnt really bother me. Smoked always although I'll happily eat un smoked. Air fried gets rid of the water content giving you nice crispy bacon.
Just eating a bacon sandwich, no butter, plain bread with brown sauce, never ever ketchup

Top Bottom