CycleChat Investigates - Lewis Hamilton

Should Lewis Hamilton receive a knighthood?

• Yes. Ace driver, role model, great rapper and fashionista, can do no wrong.

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No. He doesn't live or pay taxes in the UK, so what right does he have to a title?

Votes: 39 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's official! The citizens of the glorious people republic oc cyclechat have spoken!

I shall immediately write to Her Majesty's private secretary and inform him that were do not give our permission for Lewis Hamilton to be given a Knighthood.

It's official! The citizens of the glorious people republic oc cyclechat have spoken!

I shall immediately write to Her Majesty's private secretary and inform him that were do not give our permission for Lewis Hamilton to be given a Knighthood.
Now do one about giving a life peerage to the prime minister's billionaire pal who also happens to be the son of a former KGB agent

screenman

Legendary Member
A proud British tax-dodger being sneered at, more like.

You would not pay tax tax if you did not have too, anyways why not live where you want to if you have the money. On top of that he likely pays more in UK taxes than the rest of us out together.

gbb

Legendary Member
I was at the British GP in 1986 at Brands.

Mansell's car had blown up during practice. When asked what the problem was he said, "It's an electrical problem". The interviewer queried this, what with the impressive smoke and pyrotechnics, and Mansell cooly replied, "yeah, a conrod went through the alternator." Couldn't see Lewis cracking a funny like that.
If that's true, that's freaking funny :laugh:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
He was mentioned on a news programme tonight, I think it said there that despite being resident in Monaco he is among the top 5000 British taxpayers.

Yes, I saw that.

But, if his tax affairs are squeaky clean, why not just say that, the fact that he is among the top 5000 British Taxpayers does not mean he is paying his full dues. I am not saying he isn't, simply that the statement is ambiguous. IMHO.

He is a manufactured product, nurture over nature, his entire life as been structured around him having one career. Take any child young enough and dedicate their existence to one sporting goal and the odds are they will achieve it.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He is a manufactured product, nurture over nature, his entire life as been structured around him having one career. Take any child young enough and dedicate their existence to one sporting goal and the odds are they will achieve it.
Not sure that’s true. You would get a very good driver, but that last couple of percent that takes you from good to brilliant has to be innate.
He was winning races at the age of 7, that’s just natural talent.
I could train to run 100m all my life but I’d never be as fast as Usain Bolt.

Top Bottom