CycleChat Investigates - Lewis Hamilton

Should Lewis Hamilton receive a knighthood?

• Yes. Ace driver, role model, great rapper and fashionista, can do no wrong.

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No. He doesn't live or pay taxes in the UK, so what right does he have to a title?

Votes: 39 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
After a certain point it becomes about getting a high score.

Like Bezos who literally couldn't think of anything to do with his vast, uncountable fortune (hint, kojak. how's about paying your workers properly) so decided "I'll start a private space agency"

Spacex employs over 6000 people, they may not think musk is wasting his money. If Bezoz does the same?I

None of us have a clue how we would react to that much wealth, we can only make a guess, I also guess most of us have more than we need and give away less than we could afford to.

Spacex employs over 6000 people, they may not think musk is wasting his money. If Bezoz does the same?I

None of us have a clue how we would react to that much wealth, we can only make a guess, I also guess most of us have more than we need and give away less than we could afford to.
Power to stage 2 emitters... online. Good, good. Ed's Waffle Iron™ is heating up nicely.

Am not a fan of SpaceX either, it has made space travel - the most amazing endeavour in human history - into both a PR vehicle for a man I'd happily see lowered into a small pit and private exploitation of the commons with all the negative externalities that entails (space trash/Kessler syndrome, light/radio pollution, space access becoming the sole preserve of companies)

Musk isn't wasting his money. SpaceX may not yet be turning a profit, but it will make stupid money once StarLink comes online.

Those 6,000+ people you mention could easily be working for the good of mankind, but they're not. They're working to inflate the ego and the bank balance of the biggest egomaniac on the planet, while being heavily subsidised by the public purse in the form of NASA and DOD contracts.

Bezos-wise, BlueOrigin is a vanity project, with zero scientific or technological merit. Like everything Bezos turns his hand to, he's muscling in on a market simply because it exists. His sole modus operandi is to use his enormous capital to undercut and squeeze the life out of his opponents, and then build a de facto monopoly which he can then use to extract tithes from every single transaction in that market.
Never mind that small pit I mentioned, it's a sundive for him.

As for wealth, it's all relative.
There are many visualisations of just how much a billion dollars is. My favourites are these:
https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YUWDrLazCg

When compared to much of the world's population, many in the UK have a pretty good standard of life.
When compared to the average person in the UK, the average person who works for amaz.on does not.

I can't speak for anyone else but I certainly don't have more than I need. I won't go into detail because the thread is already massively derailed from the original question of "Why do so many British people have a problem with a successful, outspoken black man? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔"

I'll let you know once I have more than I need, I'm still waiting to receive my house in Czechia and £1m from this thread :whistle:

raleighnut

Legendary Member

DRM

Guru
I can't speak for anyone else but I certainly don't have more than I need. I won't go into detail because the thread is already massively derailed from the original question of "Why do so many British people have a problem with a successful, outspoken black man? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔"
Yep American watchmakers around since 1892, bought by Swatch in 2007 I think. Took 3 years for the spoilt brat to be told they'd been around for over a hundred years :rofl:

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hami...ton-loses-legal-battle-with-hamilton-watches/
The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it, it's things like the above that get up peoples noses, along with saying he's from the ghetto when he's from quite a nice area, tax fiddles, etc, etc as have been mentioned on previous posts, he's just a spoilt obnoxious nobber.

The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it, it's things like the above that get up peoples noses, along with saying he's from the ghetto when he's from quite a nice area, tax fiddles, etc, etc as have been mentioned on previous posts, he's just a spoilt obnoxious nobber.
Hamilton is a bit of a prannock
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I find it curious that the egregiousness of his hypocrisy, tax shenanigans and prannockhood is constantly brought up whenever he is mentioned, while most other celebrity prannockry is downplayed with a "well, boys will be boys" or defended with the rousing cry of "cancel culture"

There are hundreds of examples of people who have been massive prannocks but their image has been rehabilitated or remains largely untarnished. People who can be mentioned in public discourse without booing and jeering.

D

Deleted member 26715

As we are now focusing on his tax shenanigans, a random question, where do all the super rich footballers pay their tax? The ones that reside in the UK to play for UK teams?

All I have to say on the matter is that he's made his dog go vegan. With that i'm oot.
Sorry, no. Dogs are omnivores who can thrive on a vegan diet.
Cats, on the other hand, cannot. They are obligate carnivores - not giving them meat is animal cruelty which will ruin their health and eventually kill them.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Hamilton appears to be judged on a totally different set of rules to others.
Take someone like Elton John as an example.
An ex drug addict and alcoholic. Also well known for being a rude diva with a very short temper. I’m sure his accountant has a few tax shenanigans.
He is the figurehead for HIV and gay causes but no one brings up his past.

Hamilton is the figurehead for BLM and gets pelters for having a vegan dog and he may sound a bit grumpy when driving his car sometimes.

There are hundreds of examples of people who have been massive prannocks but their image has been rehabilitated or remains largely untarnished. People who can be mentioned in public discourse without booing and jeering.
Oh come on, it's all subjective, isn't it? Otherwise you'd have a Top40 based on how many Grade8 exams the musicians have passed! We choose who to like/dislike. Lots of non-nazis can enjoy Wagner, but Arsenal fans wouldn't let their daughter marry a Spurs player. It's what makes these debates fun!

Oh come on, it's all subjective, isn't it? Otherwise you'd have a Top40 based on how many Grade8 exams the musicians have passed! We choose who to like/dislike. Lots of non-nazis can enjoy Wagner, but Arsenal fans wouldn't let their daughter marry a Spurs player. It's what makes these debates fun!
If I replied to this with my initial thoughts the mods would shut the thread down.
Hmm.

:angel: :headshake::evil:

Nah, shan't.

Take someone like Elton John as an example.
An ex drug addict and alcoholic. Also well known for being a rude diva with a very short temper. I’m sure his accountant has a few tax shenanigans.
He is the figurehead for HIV and gay causes but no one brings up his past.

Hamilton is the figurehead for BLM and gets pelters for having a vegan dog and he may sound a bit grumpy when driving his car sometimes.
Speaking of HIV, I'm just about old enough to remember the amount of character assassination and the huge ordeals the media put Freddie Mercury through while he was dying.

Hmm, what is it about a wildly successful gay person of colour that they were so opposed to? I guess we'll never know.
It's a bit like football teams innit, you can't expect a Dundee fan to let his daughter marry a Dundee United fan. As everyone knows, ethnicity, which you have no control over, is exactly the same as the football team you choose to support. A fun debate for all the family!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sorry, no. Dogs are omnivores who can thrive on a vegan diet.
Cats, on the other hand, cannot. They are obligate carnivores - not giving them meat is animal cruelty which will ruin their health and eventually kill them.
A friend of mine started giving her dog Vegan dog food, she changed back to ordinary food after a while. Apparently the Dog's farts could clear rooms. xx(

Top Bottom