Cyclechat investigates - mobility scooters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Do they need improvement, what needs to be done ?

better handling, all terrain capability, built in sat-nav, drive me home from the pub, bum warmer or just some sexy go faster stripes ?

I’d be happy with a hover option (to negotiate steps) but fear it won’t be available in my lifetime.

What does the team think ?

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I would pay to watch a demolition derby with them involved. :laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
A while back there was 300,000 in the UK and only 3,000 in France which has about the same populations, to this day I cannot think of this is a good or bad thing.

Domus

Guru
Hate them with a passion.:cursing:

Mrs Domus has Osteoporosis (brittle bones) and has suffered two separate hip fractures and is paranoid of tripping or falling. She was walking along the high street in Grange where a man was sitting on his mobility scooter while his wife was in a shop, their dog was tied to the scooter. The dog took off, man hit throttle instead of brake, dog, scooter and man ended up on top of mrs Domus, it took two passers by to lift the thing off her. Mrs Domus fortunately suffered only bruising and distress. While she was asking the man what the hell he was thinking of his wife came out of the shop and remonstrated with Mrs Domus for shouting at her husband. No apology or sympathy was forthcoming. :angry:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
You need to ask these professional Mobility Scooter Journalists pictured here undertaking an unbiased review in Abergavenny:
8e86853a8672d16407efd597185fd474.jpg

article-0-0F83A59300000578-618_468x456.jpg

article-2088443-0F83A59E00000578-968_468x452.jpg

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I've never seen so many mobility scooters as on my visits to the Netherlands. It seems like the Dutch equivalent to our bus passes.

Mrs M

Guru
Some are a real Godsend, often pass a young lady when out on the bike on her scooter, accompanied by her dog, (always smart wearing his tie) :wub:
Others are quite obviously not needed and a real nuisance, like the (apologies in advance) lazy, fat fecker mobiles that zip about along the front in Tenerife. Some of them are “stretch mobility scooters” for the entire chubbier family!

classic33

Leg End Member
Some are a real Godsend, often pass a young lady when out on the bike on her scooter, accompanied by her dog, (always smart wearing his tie) :wub:
Others are quite obviously not needed and a real nuisance, like the (apologies in advance) lazy, fat fecker mobiles that zip about along the front in Tenerife. Some of them are “stretch mobility scooters” for the entire chubbier family!
The dog wears a tie?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
A while back there was 300,000 in the UK and only 3,000 in France which has about the same populations, to this day I cannot think of this is a good or bad thing.
In my experience of visiting France, there is a similar “imbalance” in “disabled” parking spaces. No idea why.

Top Bottom