CycleChat Investigates - Pain!!!

Which of these causes the most pain should you stand upon it barefoot?

• Landmine

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Cactus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 pin plug

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Bear trap

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Broken glass

• Lego

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Cobra

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dinky toy

• Fresly erupted lava

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Caltrops

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cerdic

"Sir, what do we do if we tread on a mine?"

"Standard procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump a hundred feet into the air and scatter yourself over a wide area."

I reckon if you stood on a landmine you wouldn't have time to feel pain...

classic33

Leg End Member
I am surprised how long it is taking to grow out. It was about 25% worse than that originally so at this rate it could well take another year and a half!

I can't keep the nail because I keep cutting it. I would have to let it grow 2 or 3 cm beyond the end of the toe before cutting it in order to be able to keep it in one piece! :laugh:
I'm betting that what appears at the tip of the toenail is inflexible "skin". Going on appearance there's another nail already growing under that top nail*.

It'll grow at around a 1/16 of an inch a month. Half as fast as your fingernails.

*Attached down the left-hand side only. Nothing holding the two nails under the blood.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Stuck a garden fork right through my toe once...even wrote a poem about it. :wacko:

Ouch!

A beautiful spring day
the Blackbirds singing sweetly
as I thrust the fork into the warming soil.

That my toe was interfaced
between tine and loam
came as quite a surprise.

I did comment to a friend
at the time
of my impaled condition.

We went to A+E
the garden remained undug
and the Robin missed his breakfast.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
This thread is making me feel sick 🤢. Yes Lego hurts but I think a plug hurts worser. I've stepped on broken glass before, hurts at first but is agony when the bits inside start to move around

classic33

Leg End Member
There definitely IS - that grotty bit sticks well proud of where the nail would originally have been.

Fortunately, apart from the toe stubbing incident itself, it has not been painful. I do worry about the whole lot potentially falling off though!
When both parts of the nail reach the tip of the toe, that inflexible "skin" will grow over the end taking both parts will take some cutting. Close an 1/8 of an inch thick down the left-hand side.

I cut the nail off when it cleared the base of the nail. Yours will slowly lift as the blood dries out.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
When I had a spell in hospital as a kid, the lad in the next bed had fallen out of a tree onto one of those old-fashioned fences with spikes on top, and he proudly showed me both the entry and exit wound ...

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
When I had a spell in hospital as a kid, the lad in the next bed had fallen out of a tree onto one of those old-fashioned fences with spikes on top, and he proudly showed me both the entry and exit wound ...
All fine and dandy, but its not like an entry and exit wound from a Lazy Dog.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I worked with a young bobby who half severed his toe stubbing itnon the furniture at home. The docs saved it, but apparently its now so deformed even Hannibal Lecter wouldn't consider eating it. Im pretty sure he wears slippers indoors now.

Top Bottom