CycleChat User survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
Done

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
No option for recumbent tandem... ;)

Not too surprised to see Conti and Schwalbe pulling ahead. Every (decently ridden) bike I see on my commute is schwalbe shod these days.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Hi everyone, I thought it might be fun and interesting to create an anonymous user survey based on this forums members on where the users come from, how young/old we are, what kind of bicycles we have and ride and what kind of components the majority of us uses.

If you want to take part you can find the survey here https://de.surveymonkey.com/r/HDFYZDP

and find the results here https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-H39WJQMR/

You will find the results after completing the survey.

Cheerio,

Paul

Sorry to be picky but you want to know what kind of bikes we ride but almost all options ask only about the main bike. It is not going to give the representative view of our total habits and interests, only our main bike preferences, which I suspect will be a more narrow and unrepresentative view as in the main we'll identify as one thing (commuter, sunday/club runner roadie, MTBer, Long distance tourer, no car .....) whilst many of us will be more than just that main activity.

I don't particularly have a main bike, I have several that suit individual needs and when it doesn't matter I go with what is closest or the one I fancy a ride on most that day.

OP
OP
Klassikbike

Klassikbike

I had to change some questions as on this survey website, there is only 10 questions max available if you don´t have a paying account.

To be honest I just created this survey quickly because I had a boring day at work

Mrs M

Guru
Done :smile:

OP
OP
Klassikbike

Klassikbike

Not sure what you mean gavintc.

I think such a survey can be interesting as it can show the development in cycling. It shows a bigger picture not only of the people here at CycleChat but also for cyclists in general.
A same survey 5 years or so later might show changes to our cycling culture.
Our cycling generation is aging will the young new generation jump in, will Road Bikes slowly dissapear, will Ebikes be what everybody needs. Will the curreently smaller parts and brake makers be able to take more market share and reduce the current oligopoly?

I completed the survey. Good luck. Just to let you know if you are having trouble with Survey Monkey try Google forms. It is completely free and there is no limit to 10 questions. You can also do a fair bit of analysis on the results in the Google Spreadsheets it exports the data to.

Regards

Top Bottom