Cyclechat Vintage Bike Review List.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
1996 Raleigh Ogre Max Mountain Bike :laugh:
I have one! although a '93 or '94 model. You're making me feel old calling my teenage MTB vintage ;)

Its my winter/pub/commuter/dontcareifitgetsstolen bike fitted with Marathon Plus Tours to make it even heavier :biggrin:That said, its a bit weird as its a lot too small, had to buy a longer seatpost to get on it, so despite its weight its actually quite aerodynamic for me and quick for a heavy MTB with 2.00 knobbly tyres. Gripshift gears arent great but you get used to them and brakes work reliably well with koolstops. I need to stop messing with it and upgrading bits or ill start caring about it and defeat its purpose.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have one! although a '93 or '94 model. You're making me feel old calling my teenage MTB vintage ;)

Its my winter/pub/commuter/dontcareifitgetsstolen bike fitted with Marathon Plus Tours to make it even heavier :biggrin:That said, its a bit weird as its a lot too small, had to buy a longer seatpost to get on it, so despite its weight its actually quite aerodynamic for me and quick for a heavy MTB with 2.00 knobbly tyres. Gripshift gears arent great but you get used to them and brakes work reliably well with koolstops. I need to stop messing with it and upgrading bits or ill start caring about it and defeat its purpose.

Mine is currently in bits in the garage awaiting a rebuild, a derusting and a repaint one day :blush:

By the way, this one is silver (reflective paint apparently) but has the standard Shimano gear shifters sat on top of the handlebars.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
The Raleigh Lizard:

Very green.

Like this you mean?:laugh:

standalone

Top Bottom