Cyclers Palsy and BG- FIT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lizzy

Hi

I recently got a new bike, initially the frame was too big which threw me forward in the saddle. As a result of a week on an over large frame I got Cyclers palsy, which I've been resting but may need to extend the rest. I suspect I've got into bad habits and put to much weight on my hands in addition.

I now have a new frame and am hoping my posture is better but because of the resting I've not been able to check out my posture (although I'm struggling to keep off the bike - not the most patient when an injury doesn't hurt - ie just numb).

Does anyone have any good links to show me what good upper body cycling posture ought to look like and how much weight one should be putting through ones hands (handle bars are straight).

The bike is a Specalized, and there is a concept store not far from me that does something called Body Geometry - Fit, which is a 2 hour bike fitting and adjustment thing. Has anyone had this? Its pricey (beyond what I want to pay at the moment0, but I would be curious to see if anyone has experience and how they have found it?

Any help on the palsy issue would be fab

Lis :smile:

Top Bottom