Cycles, cycles everywhere....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
...but none that we can ride :eek:
We have six bicycles in this house, SIX I tell thee. Only two of them are currently rideable. We will not be doing the Audax we planned to do tomorrow.
Gah!

chris42

Baggy said:
...but none that we can ride :eek:
We have six bicycles in this house, SIX I tell thee. Only two of them are currently rideable. We will not be doing the Audax we planned to do tomorrow.
Gah!

Why no ride tomorrow?

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
One of the functional bikes is without mudguards, and given the weather forecast think that would make for a miserable ride.

The list of ailments is:
Broken spoke
Bottom bracket loose in shell with stripped threads
Odd oval wheel after first build attempt
Tandem in bits

chris42

Baggy said:
One of the functional bikes is without mudguards, and given the weather forecast think that would make for a miserable ride.

The list of ailments is:
Broken spoke
Bottom bracket loose in shell with stripped threads
Odd oval wheel after first build attempt
Tandem in bits

:eek:

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Looking on the bright side, at least we can watch the Tour tomorrow and try to repair a few of the ailments.

But it's still :eek:

Two weeks ago all bikes were fully functional (bar the tandem).

Keith Oates

Janner
Maybe you could borrow a couple for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gavintc

Guru
I think you doth protest too much. Just got back from a 'summer' club ride. No one had mud guards, the spray was impressive, but the water is warm enough to be almost pleasant. Get your leg over and enjoy it.

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
gavintc said:
I think you doth protest too much. Just got back from a 'summer' club ride. No one had mud guards, the spray was impressive, but the water is warm enough to be almost pleasant. Get your leg over and enjoy it.
Ah, it wasn't my bike that was sans mudguards :eek:
I think it's the "chafed perineum" effect that was of more concern than a bit of water....

Brock

Hmm clearly a bunch of weak excuses contrived to avoid exercise , what was it baggy? Eastenders omnibus on the sofa more appealing was it? :eek:

Top Bottom