Cyclescheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So is it possible to get a 'bent or trike for less than £1k? I've had a look on laid back bikes and couldn't see anything approaching a grand. Looking for 700 rear wheel and low rider if poss with underseat steering.

Not necessarily going to buy one yet, just thinking ahead.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
three things:

1. Raptobike used to be around the price point you're looking at.

2. Laid back had a Seiran for a grand a while back (I know, it's in my shed)

3. Wait. What? :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Many people come to recumbents following injuries/ issues to neck, shoulder, back or other parts.

Having been thus 'coerced' to discover the Dark Side … they then wonder why it took them so long to 'discover' comfortable cycling. :thumbsup:

classic33

Leg End Member
Many people come to recumbents following injuries/ issues to neck, shoulder, back or other parts.

Having been thus 'coerced' to discover the Dark Side … they then wonder why it took them so long to 'discover' comfortable cycling. :thumbsup:
For me it was getting hold of one of the two I'd set my sights on, Peer Gynt and/or Brox.
The Brox was seen on Tomorrows World years ago. The Peer Gynt, I'd had a quick trial ride many years ago.

stuee147

i found bents after an injury to my arm made it painful to ride a DF and i have to admit i wish i found them years and years ago

have you looked on ebay theres always bents on there and some go for a few hundred. or build one thats the cheapest way of all

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
i found bents after an injury to my arm made it painful to ride a DF and i have to admit i wish i found them years and years ago

have you looked on ebay theres always bents on there and some go for a few hundred. or build one thats the cheapest way of all
Going on Ebay unfortunately rules out the Cyclescheme method of payment though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Before you pays yer money... try one first.
I am sure that lovely Mr Arallsopp will let you have a pootle round the park on one of his if you ask nicely.

And in regards to a trike - forget it in London. Your speed will be the same as any backed up traffic.
I had a trike for a few months (Auntie Helen's hubby loaned it to me a few years back), great fun as they are.... a nightmare in traffic.

Top Bottom