Cyclestore / Geoff Thomas Foundation Cycle Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pierre1984

Hi

I am writing this post to let you all know about the Cyclestore Geoff Thomas Cycle Sportive.

The ride, which takes in some stunning Cheshire countryside and challenging Peak District climbs, takes place on August the 22nd 2010.

Organized in aid of the Geoff Thomas Foundation, the Sportive starts at the home of Cyclestore, Congleton in Cheshire. Two routes are available, thus catering for all abilities-

* A 25 mile flat cruise along the green and pleasant lanes of Cheshire aimed at the leisure cyclist or those completely new to sportives.

* A challenging 75 mile route with over 4000ft of climbing. The long route takes in several well known climbs and descends such as Lask Edge, Gun Hill (used in the 2009 Tour of Britain) and Wincle.

The ride is a non-profit event, that means all the money after the setup fee is given away to charity.

So if you want to join the Cyclestore team and ride for a great cause: Enter the ride online www.cyclestore.co.uk/events or contact us via email : events@cyclestore.co.uk

Many Thanks

Pierre

Paul_L

Über Member
well i don't think anyone can argue that it's a great cause Pierre, and Geoff Thomas is a bit of a hero isn't he.

If i can just comment that £20 for a 25mile sportive is pretty pricey. I'm guessing the distance has been selected as a family friendly route, in which case it could be an expensive day out for the family, admitedly for a good cause.

Just my 2 penneth.

But good luck with the event

jimboalee

Hi

I am writing this post to let you all know about the Cyclestore Geoff Thomas Cycle Sportive.

The ride, which takes in some stunning Cheshire countryside and challenging Peak District climbs, takes place on August the 22nd 2010.

Organized in aid of the Geoff Thomas Foundation, the Sportive starts at the home of Cyclestore, Congleton in Cheshire. Two routes are available, thus catering for all abilities-

* A 25 mile flat cruise along the green and pleasant lanes of Cheshire aimed at the leisure cyclist or those completely new to sportives.

* A challenging 75 mile route with over 4000ft of climbing. The long route takes in several well known climbs and descends such as Lask Edge, Gun Hill (used in the 2009 Tour of Britain) and Wincle.

The ride is a non-profit event, that means all the money after the setup fee is given away to charity.

So if you want to join the Cyclestore team and ride for a great cause: Enter the ride online www.cyclestore.co.uk/events or contact us via email : events@cyclestore.co.uk

Many Thanks

Pierre

There they go again. "Challenging".

You can either
1/ go on a short 25 mile ride and pay through the nose, or
2/ half cripple yourself on a typical 'Sportive' which has "all the hills we can think of" to prove you've got a pair of legs.

Top Bottom