Cycletravel why use it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I tried that on my Android tablet and got the usual pop-up. Then I tried again and got the one that you were getting. It turns out that I was missing the route line by a mm or two. Clicking off the line gives the 'add marker' pop-up. Try to make sure that you are actually clicking ON the line!

richardfm

Veteran
Questions about getting streetview option to show up. Using my iPad as I’m away from laptop for a couple of weeks and I’m playing with cycle.travel. With cycle.travel running in the browser, If i long press on a point in a route, I only get the the following options

View attachment 725068

If I use the cycle.travel app, I get this option when I hold on a point on the map

View attachment 725069

What am I missing to get the street view option?

Add a via point and then long press on it.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Questions about getting streetview option to show up. Using my iPad as I’m away from laptop for a couple of weeks and I’m playing with cycle.travel. With cycle.travel running in the browser, If i long press on a point in a route, I only get the the following options

View attachment 725068

If I use the cycle.travel app, I get this option when I hold on a point on the map

View attachment 725069

What am I missing to get the street view option?

Single click anywhere on the route, then streetview.

1000003397.jpg

I'm probably missing the obvious here but when I use the Cycle.Travel website I can choose a To and From, but on the App I can only choose a To with the From being based on my current location. How do I select a To and From using the App?

Webview:
Untitled.png

Appview:
Screenshot-20240321-094358.png

@wiggydiggy
It's a bit of a misnomer, at least in the Android App.
You can either:
pick a point on the map and longpress. You'll get the option to "Start here" or "Navigate to here".
or
Type in the "To" box. You'll be offered the same options.

In general, it's probably worth remembering that the app lacks all the functionality of the website. It's fine for short, on-the-go planning but the website (available on the phone too!) is superior.
The ideal combination is to detail plan on the website, then navigate on the app.
For example, "Markers" (our own POIs) are available on the website but not currently available on the app.

As well as differences between the website and the app, there can be differences between the Android & IOS apps, at least in the exact steps to follow.
It would be helpful to be clear on if you're using the website or which app version.

@wiggydiggy
It's a bit of a misnomer, at least in the Android App.
You can either:
pick a point on the map and longpress. You'll get the option to "Start here" or "Navigate to here".
or
Type in the "To" box. You'll be offered the same options.

In general, it's probably worth remembering that the app lacks all the functionality of the website. It's fine for short, on-the-go planning but the website (available on the phone too!) is superior.
The ideal combination is to detail plan on the website, then navigate on the app.
For example, "Markers" (our own POIs) are available on the website but not currently available on the app.

As well as differences between the website and the app, there can be differences between the Android & IOS apps, at least in the exact steps to follow.
It would be helpful to be clear on if you're using the website or which app version.

Cheers. I'm just starting to experiment with it, long press worked fine for what I was trying to do but I'll definately be building routes on the computer first (I much prefer an actual keyboard and mouse to a touchscreen). I've just upgraded my mobile so I want to start using the old one as a GPS, don't need a Simcard in it as I'll either use it offline or tether it to my working mobile.

Top Bottom