Cycling 1km in 57 Seconds, is this any good??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there, I’ve just completed 1km in 57 seconds using my own cycling machine at home. Is this time any good?? I don’t cycle much but I try to cycle twice a week (10km each time), my record 10km is in 11m:30s, also my record 5km is in 5m:30s, is this a good time for a beginner? Should I go into cycling comps? 🤔

Mod Note:
Welcome @HugoJardim :welcome:
Multiple threads about the same topic have been deleted, please keep to one thread per topic, cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slick

Guru
Hi Hugo, definitely pin a number on it and get on the track. :okay:

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Welcome to the forum👍

Get on the road or track and see how close you come to those times. I doubt your home training system will give you an accurate representation of your ability.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome.

To be honest I doubt anyone would care about times and instances unless they go in for competitions.

And those times and distances don't mean anything. Just ride a bike outside.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You should go in for racing if you think you will enjoy it. If you don't have any real desire to race, don't bother.

Take the times you get from an indoor trainer with a pinch of salt unless you're experienced riding on the road and can tell by feel that it's properly set up.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Hi there, I’ve just completed 1km in 57 seconds using my own cycling machine at home. Is this time any good?? I don’t cycle much but I try to cycle twice a week (10km each time), my record 10km is in 11m:30s, also my record 5km is in 5m:30s, is this a good time for a beginner? Should I go into cycling comps? 🤔

Mod Note:
Multiple threads about the same topic have been deleted, please keep to one thread per topic, cheers.

The Vuelta starts tomorrow get yourself out there, you could probably win it.

You are definitely the best cyclist in your own front room...

DogmaStu

Yep, get yourself racing. A quick look back through my most recent KOM's out of interest and I did a 1.02km segment in Scarcroft here in Yorkshire in 1:01 which was 60.1km/h average. And it was -3.0% grade so downhill albeit the last bit involved an S-bend where I had to slow down.

Ok, I'm a 54 yr old has-been but still, if you can emulate that time on the road you can race Cat 3 or 4. Probably.

Windle

Über Member

Mod Note:

Welcome Hugo ~ you need to get yourself to a local club '10' time trial and have a go. It's 10 miles rather than km, so a bit more than you've been doing but you never know, you might be a natural!

vickster

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome.

To be honest I doubt anyone would care about times and instances unless they go in for competitions.

And those times and distances don't mean anything. Just ride a bike outside.

I assumed he had for the longer distances as he mentions cycling 10km rather than static training?

vickster

Legendary Member
Welcome Hugo ~ you need to get yourself to a local club '10' time trial and have a go. It's 10 miles rather than km, so a bit more than you've been doing but you never know, you might be a natural!

I’m not sure he’s in the U.K.?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I don't think I've heard of such an impressive performance since @blazed was a member. 😁

Yep, get yourself racing. A quick look back through my most recent KOM's out of interest and I did a 1.02km segment in Scarcroft here in Yorkshire in 1:01 which was 60.1km/h average. And it was -3.0% grade so downhill albeit the last bit involved an S-bend where I had to slow down.

Ok, I'm a 54 yr old has-been but still, if you can emulate that time on the road you can race Cat 3 or 4. Probably.
I know that one well - very easy to set off the 30mph speed limit sign...:becool:

Top Bottom