Cycling 1km in 57 Seconds, is this any good??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Never mind the figures. The fact that you did it and want to know if it is any good means that you are striving and competitive. Join a club, get racing. Enjoy the thrill.👍

Solocle

Über Member
Never mind the figures. The fact that you did it and want to know if it is any good means that you are striving and competitive. Join a club, get racing. Enjoy the thrill.👍

If you go straight from indoor spinning to racing you'll probably fall flat on your face, racing has a huge dimension of group riding skills and also strategy with taking aerodynamic advantages.

The easiest way to see how you measure up against others in terms of raw speed is to enter a time trial.

IMG_7324 (1).JPG

(Dual carrigeway courses are optional, they're just wickedly fast).

Hi there, I’ve just completed 1km in 57 seconds using my own cycling machine at home. Is this time any good?? I don’t cycle much but I try to cycle twice a week (10km each time), my record 10km is in 11m:30s, also my record 5km is in 5m:30s, is this a good time for a beginner? Should I go into cycling comps? 🤔

Mod Note:
Welcome @HugoJardim :welcome:
Multiple threads about the same topic have been deleted, please keep to one thread per topic, cheers.

Depends how good your equipment is and how well its calibrated. I've no idea what happened on this ride garmin has some how picked up 300+miles from the same trainer Freewheel as strava which only picked up 14.5 :wacko:
1693247974630.png

1693248119922.png

The most important stat being the 5beers :okay:

Also bear in mind indoors is different from out, indoors with no wind, hills etc I can relatively easily do 30mph + for a theoretical 10miles, but in the real world the best I've done is 26.7mph (pulled along by traffic, 25.5mph when not).

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Though he/she/they/them/us/Velo has not been back since Saturday - there's always online Zwift racing and racing teams...

DogmaStu

Though he/she/they/them/us/Velo has not been back since Saturday - there's always online Zwift racing and racing teams...

Need a Smart Trainer with Powermeter for that though and Hugo clearly is only using a spin bike/adjustable resistance trainer/gym bike where there is zero comparison to real-World road conditions. :smile:

Top Bottom