Cycling across Europe starting in July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin1975

Regular
Hi,i am looking to cycle from Northern France to the south of Europe starting in July.I was thinking of St Malo to Bordeaux ,then down to the mediterranian and eastwards across the north of Italy then down into the Balkans.I will be looking to camp it to keep costs down.

Would anyone like to come for all or part of the trip? and maybe see some sun this year for once!!

Martin

MarkF

Guru
Good luck. :smile: I'll pass, it was already 41c when I cycled through Seville last week!

hoopdriver

Guru
Depending on your timing you could easily end up cycling through places like Venice, Trieste, the Istrian Coast and the Dalmatian Coast in August, the height of the summer holiday season, and believe me the traffic on those coastal roads is no joke.

stewie griffin

Über Member
The heat seemed appealing when I planned it in the winter. 75 miles further south and the temp had dropped by 10c!

Exactly, that's where I live :becool:, I try & avoid Sevilla from around May to Sept, every year there are cases of people dying (usually the elderly with no air-con) from the heat mid summer!

Personally I love cycling in the heat (but I'm weird :wacko: drinking loads of water), near the coast it's generally more like mid 30s in the summer.

MarkF

Guru
Exactly, that's where I live :becool:, I try & avoid Sevilla from around May to Sept, every year there are cases of people dying (usually the elderly with no air-con) from the heat mid summer!

Personally I love cycling in the heat (but I'm weird :wacko: drinking loads of water), near the coast it's generally more like mid 30s in the summer.

Yes Stewie, the good folk of Seville are certainly proud of their city but more than once I heard them say they wish they had Malaga's climate! Everybody walks on just one side of the street and if there is some scraggy tiny tree providing a 12" square shadow patch, you can bet somebody is in it!

I too love cycling in the heat, my cousin got up and set off early each day to avoid it, I'd get up at 9, have breakfast, potter about and set off at 10.30, just as it's getting going, lovely. ^_^

Anna

Let me know how it goes.
I want to cycle around Greece, Slovenia, Yogoslavia, Italy to Barcelona, then up to Reims.

Top Bottom