Cycling and fashion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
1)Are you male or female?
Boy

2) What age group are you? 16-20 20-30, 30-40 40-50, 50+
40 - 50

3)Are you a serious cyclist or is it just for fun?
Serious fun

4)What profession are you?
Lumberjack

5) What clothes brand do you mainly shop in?
Where the bargains are

6) What safety gear do you wear whilst cycling?
Shorts

7)When cycling, what are your main concerns with the clothes you wear?
That they're right for the weather

8) Do you cycle mainly during the day or at night too?
Both

9) Have you ever had or been in a near accident?
Yes but nothing serious

10)Do you cycle in dresses/skirts at all?
Not yet

11)Would you be interested in a range of clothes that subtly incorporated road safety as well as being stylish?
Not really

12) If there's anything else you'd like to add about cycling clothes or cycling in general, don't hesitate to add

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Hi, I'm a fashion student and for my last project i'm doing a collection based on cycling clothes and making them more stylish...no offence to anyone who likes the clothes already out there for cyclists. I've got a quiz that i really need people to answer. It's just some basic information gathering and I just need to know your opinions and thoughts. It's mainly aimed at women (since there's already quite a lot of menswear for cycling) but the guys are more then welcome to put thier input in too.

male

50+

fun fun fun fun fun

self unemployed

Millets

helmet occasionally

warmth and coordination

mainly day

yes

sadly no

11)Would you be interested in a range of clothes that subtly incorporated road safety as well as being stylish?
yes

12) If there's anything else you'd like to add about cycling clothes or cycling in general, don't hesitate to add

Thank you for taking the time to answer this brief questionaire.

Yaz

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Hi, I'm a fashion student and for my last project i'm doing a collection based on cycling clothes and making them more stylish...no offence to anyone who likes the clothes already out there for cyclists. I've got a quiz that i really need people to answer. It's just some basic information gathering and I just need to know your opinions and thoughts. It's mainly aimed at women (since there's already quite a lot of menswear for cycling) but the guys are more then welcome to put thier input in too.

Male

50+ ...I gather from the way this question is put that beyond 50 is a kind of no-go area. Wise up.

both

I draw bits of buildings and organise a charity cycle ride

Pearl Izumi and Gore - they're well put together

pah! I spit on safety gear

that they should look good

mostly at night

hospitalised six times. See 6) above

no, but something in tweed, with pleats and a leather tassel or two might persuade me

maybe see 6) above

tell me how I can stop my better half buying half the Rapha stock and you've got a friend for life

Yaz

BigSteev

Male

40-50

Serious fun

Stock Manager

Rapha, Castelli, Vans

Normally none - helmet if stupid annoying regulations require it.

Depends on the conditions I'm cycling in. Could be waterproofing, could be windproofing, wish more often that it was ventilation and breathability :smile: Fit, absence of chaffing, durability.

Both

Nothing major

Not as a rule

Lots of my stuff already does, so yes.

Don't tell Dell how to stop his better half buying Rapha as it keeps me employed.

Yaz

Amheirchion

Male

20-30

I cycle regularly but never seriously

Student

I don't, I tend to buy clothes rarely, replacing clothes when they're no longer fit to wear

After dusk and before dawn an orange hi-viz vest I got from my last place of work and yellow reflective ankle straps, sometimes a head torch depending on how late it is / available street lighting

That I'm not going to arrive with sodden clothes

Mainly in the day, some nightish riding in winter and it's dark at home time

As a young'un I once dented a cars passenger wing after going downhill in the dark with no lights or breaks on my bmx..

No, only on a night out ;)

I'd rather have the approach I have now of wearing something more obvious, than subtle incorporations

Yaz

brokenbetty

Über Member
Female

30-40

Depends what you mean by serious. I'm a practical cyclist (transport, commuting etc). I consider that serious while the racers and mtb boys are sports cyclists. They however see things differently...

IT

No particular branding

helmet and hi-viz/refelective for commuting. No helmet, reflective sash at night for local transport

visibility, not too sweaty

usually before 8pm but will be dark in winter

yes, near misses at slow speeds in traffic

yes

yes

1. there are already clothes that subtly incorporate road safety as well as being stylish, but they are overdesigned and therefore not appealing. I don't want over trendy fashion clothes, just regular day to day clothes.

2. I avoid grey or black coats on a bike due to visibility.

montage

God Almighty

Male (Last time I checked)

16-20

Serious, I don't use mudguards...

...Ignore the mudguard comment, it's an in-forum joke. I do serious cycling and fun cycling, from hard training rides to a trip on the canal path to the pub(s).

Student

None in particular

Helmet, relective clothing at night

Comfort and speed during daytime

Both

Yes

No - Don't see many females doing it either...which is a shame
Yes

Yaz

Top Bottom