Cycling apps with preloaded maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sannesley

I'm wondering if there are any good cycling apps for iphone out there with preloaded maps?

I've played around with map my ride and created a route to follow on the website and sent it to the app on the phone. For most rides I'll only be looking to turn on the app part way into the ride when I'm not sure of the route.

Only problem is that where I'm cycling is close to the border with the south of Ireland and my phone slips into one of the south networks. It's not set up for roaming and the app seems to need a network connection to start up.

I'm thinking that if the maps were preloaded I could get around hither problem with the network issue. Any ideas??

yello

Have a look at OsmAnd.

OP
OP
sannesley

sannesley

I tried to plan a route on their website and found the maps to be somewhat lacking with a lot of the small country roads I would cycle missing from the maps

So there are no work straight out of the box apps with preloaded maps then? That all looks a more complicated

Have a look at viewranger.com , I am not a user but have read good things about it

yello

I've played with Viewranger but can't work out how to make it work offline. Maps are loaded locally but it won't function without a web connection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom