Cycling Canada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timbo3

Hi All, a new member here. Novice cyclist, only started cycling again in 2008 but then cycled Calais to Marseille in April 2009 for Help for Heroes. I am cycling across Canada in April/May 2010 again for Help for Heroes and wondered if any of you people had any tips, stories or advice on Canada for the trip. Our route is marked on our website www.cycle2010.com . I look forward to hearing from any of you. Tim :blush:

jimboalee

Find one of Randochap's posts and follow his link.

Randochap

Senior hunter
Thanks Jimbo!

As for route, you have it right with the Hwy 16 and Icefields Parkway, but I'd personally move the Hwy 1 section south.

This might get more notice in the more appropriate touring section.

Good luck and best wishes.

HelenD123

Guru
Cathryn said:
If you haven't found it, check out www.crazyguyonabike.com. Fab site and a great place to start planning. Best of luck, it sounds brilliant.

+1!

friedel

timbo3 said:
Hi All, a new member here. Novice cyclist, only started cycling again in 2008 but then cycled Calais to Marseille in April 2009 for Help for Heroes. I am cycling across Canada in April/May 2010 again for Help for Heroes and wondered if any of you people had any tips, stories or advice on Canada for the trip. Our route is marked on our website www.cycle2010.com . I look forward to hearing from any of you. Tim :laugh:

Are you cycling across Canada or just the Rockies? I'm a bit confused between what you've posted here and what's on your site.

In any case, April/May is a bit early for the Rockies. It will certainly be more of an adventure that way. Plan for snow or at the very least lots of rain. You might strike it lucky but the weather is still prone to being quite unpredictable at that time of year. Even early June can be touch and go.

Top Bottom