England : West Yorkshire Cycling club with a Saturday run?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's about time I got involved with a club. But, here's the big issue: I can't (and won't) do Sunday's.

This is causing a bit of a problem finding a club that does Saturday runs rather than the usual Sunday's.

I'm south of Leeds but am stuggling to find one.

Any advice please?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Calder Clarion (Wakefield) do some Saturday rides.

HovR

Über Member
My club often do a Tuesday evening ride as well as the usual Sunday ride - You might be able to find something similar if you have the time in the evenings.

screenman

Legendary Member
Join the club, get to know a few people and organise a Saturday run. You will get people on it if you make the effort.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
"Post a ride and they will come" is the advice our club give to people who complain about no run's that are convenient for them. Also, you might find a few people have the same predicament as you and are very happy to just go for a ride on an informal basis. We often have people throw up a post saying, "I am riding on -day- at -time- to -place-, will be -miles- anyone interested in joining" and there is usually a healthy draw.

Also check for other rides, our club has official clubruns and training rides on Tuesday (soon to be 2 different sessions), Wednesday, Thursday (soon to be 2 different sessions) and Sunday (usually a long or hilly ride). Plus impromptu rides! That mean's you can ride at least 4/7 days with company if your legs can take the battering!

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Thanks - I was checking to see if I'd missed a club locally. Near me there's:

Calder Clarion - looks OK with kids stuff as well, but no Sat run.
Ravensthorpe Cycling Club - seen around
Wakefield Tri Club - I'll probably join them next year for open water swim training as part of tri training
Emley Wheelers - do short runs, 20-30 miles

The Batley Cycling Club in Dewsbury don't seem to be visible.

I'll get in touch with them ...

400bhp

Guru
Thanks - I was checking to see if I'd missed a club locally. Near me there's:

Calder Clarion - looks OK with kids stuff as well, but no Sat run.
Ravensthorpe Cycling Club - seen around
Emley Wheelers - do short runs, 20-30 miles

The Batley Cycling Club in Dewsbury don't seem to be visible.

I'll get in touch with them ...

Can you get yourself over to manchester early sat mornings (7am kick off usually)? You're welcome to join our motley crew. Usually 2-5 of us out.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Thanks 400bhp - it'd mean a very early start for me to get across to Manchester and much later back. If SWMBO's away then I'd probably join you though?

An update: I bumped into Ravensthorpe Cycling Club last week, setting 4th time on their Sat am route - and I'm hopefully joining them tomorrow.

Top Bottom