Cycling clubs in Glasgow?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Anyone know the best one to join/go out on club runs with? Cheers ^_^

Get In The Van

Not sure of the best ones, but here is a link to a load of clubs in the Glasgow area
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cycling_clubs_in_Scotland#West_of_Scotland
maybe just a case of seeing who is close to you and going out for a few runs with a couple of different clubs, see who you like best/get on with/will help you to achieve your own personal goals.
:thumbsup:

ianjmcd

Über Member
That's true but have you seen their kit? :eek:
You dont have to wear the club kit to get involved in training and club runs

zizou

Veteran
I think you may find it difficult to find a club that will allow under 18s in the general club rides unless you are accompanied by an adult - there are issues with insurance and also disclosure / parental consent etc.

Johnstone Jets and Glasgow Riderz are an option - there will be a big mixture of ages here so it is not just all young kids but guys your age too.

An alternative to a formal club could be the the sky rides local when they start up again.

Louise Harley

I am looking for a club to join but would be looking for a club that embraces women riders of all levels. If you know of one, please, please let me know.
Thanks

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I would be most local to The Lomond Wheelers Club, but I think they are the bunch of eejits I've seen cycling up and down a busy A82 that I've slagged off on here before! :blush:

I'm sure they are a great bunch of guys and gals, but for some reason, it just isn't something that really appeals to me anyway.

Top Bottom