Cycling Computer Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CJMac

I recently set up my new turbo trainer and used it for the first time last night. To guage my speed and distance etc I transferred the sensor and magnet for my wireless cycle computer (Strada Cateye something or other - cost about £30 from Evans) from the front wheel to the back wheel. Set it up no bother but when I place the actual computer in its holder on my stem, it doesn't receive a signal from the sensor so I had to put it on a worktop fairly close to the back wheel.

I don't really want to have to buy a new computer to fit to the back wheel and I don't want to have to move my sensor from front to back wheels (would be doing this quite frequently) so I was wondering if anyone had any tips of how to boost the signal strength sent from the sensor so my comp will work whilst sat in its holder on my stem?

Or if anyone has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I was planning the same thing, but the wireless Strada only has a 70cm range, and front rear wheel to bar mount if about 50% more than this. Lots of people record their turbo rides, one way which I'm looking at is to upgrade my Garmin 200 to a 500 or 510, then use the speed/cadence sensor, bit of an expensive fix though

Top Bottom