Cycling data analysis/backup storage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan1977

I know people use Garmin devices, Strava etc. But what would be really useful in terms of backing up data/or analysing one's own data if it could be imported into a utility that analysed the data and produced charts.

I guess my ideal solution woud be a across between OneDrive and https://www.cyclinganalytics.com

Training peaks ?

Dan77

Nice user name.

I don't have the answer but would be interested to see what people use. Everything is synched to Strava for me whether indoors or outdoors but the analysis is limited to what that provides. I don't use a power meter or cadence sensor so only have full data from the smart trainer for indoor rides.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I simply do a complete bulk export from Strava every 6 months - I only really care about the 1st and 3rd item that it gives you, and of that it is only the activity files that really matter. This makes sure my data is safe. If I want to analyse it elsewhere then there are a multitude of options, but https://www.goldencheetah.org/ would give me everything I need.

Your data archive will include the following:
  • A zipped folder with all of your activities in their original file format.
  • A folder with all the photos you’ve uploaded to Strava.
  • A folder with all of the routes you’ve created in GPX format.
  • CSV files that include the following
    • All the posts and comments you’ve posted.
    • Contacts you’ve synced to Strava.
    • Clubs and events you’ve created
    • The information in your profile including your gear and goals.
    • Your current settings.
    • Actions you’ve performed including kudos given and routes or segments you’ve starred.
    • All of your Relative Effort data.
    • Athletes you follow and those athletes who are following you as of the date of download.
    • All of your session logs and device information.
    • The type of information that we shared with our service providers during the past 12 months.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
yep another veloviewer user here, best £10 per annum I spend. soo much better than strava for perusing your ride history / stats or re-finding a particular ride etc.

Top Bottom