Cycling experiment at university of central Lancashire (Preston)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikeylyonuclan

hi all i'm a 3rd year student at UCLAN in preston studying sport science. Im currently running an experiment of the effects of different cycling positions on a person's physiology. I'm looking to recruit keen cyclist's that have 3+ years experience please contact me if your interested. tel_ 07476060866 email- mlyon@uclan.ac.uk

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
It might help you get volunteers if you explain a bit more about what will be needed.
For example, will you just be giving them a questionnaire, or will they need to go to Preston to ride a static bike or similar.

mythste

Veteran
It might help you get volunteers if you explain a bit more about what will be needed.
For example, will you just be giving them a questionnaire, or will they need to go to Preston to ride a static bike or similar.

+1, I pass through preston fairly frequently so could help. but not if it means spinning on a static for 3 hours or something!

OP
OP
M

Mikeylyonuclan

sadly as this is an undergrad project there is no pay but you can learn a lot about your cycling ability as I'm using electromyograph (measures electrical activity in the muscle) and gas analysis ( which analyses your breathing) so it may help you improve your cycling. the first time on the static bike tis for around 20 minutes as we do a functional fresh hold power test. the second its a 45 minute test which you will spend 15 minutes in 3 different positions. on the poster attached it says age 18- 40 but its now 18-50.

Attachments

• poster.jpg
    poster.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 74

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
why is it men only?

OP
OP
M

Mikeylyonuclan

males and females react different exercise. this also applies wit age, older people react differently too. so in an experiment you have to have parameters so that your results are more reliable.

OP
OP
M

Mikeylyonuclan

if you can or you know anyone that would like take part please email or text me as this experiment will be taking place until late February.

Top Bottom