Cycling for charity from Brighton, UK to Sofia, Bulgaria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't have specific experience of the Czech Republic, but I believe this to be an exaggerated myth. I stopped in many LBS's along the route, in small towns in Bulgaria and Romania, and was having some real problems with punctures/tyres at the time. Not once did I find them to have only 'racing' tyres - most had a good selection of 700c tyres, of varying width and tread. OK, so not a perfect pair of Conti Top Touring or whatever your preferred set is at home, but perfectly adequate. This idea that slightly out of the way places only have 26" tyres and racing 700c is simply not true.

You're right Percy. It is a myth put around by an underground movement pushing the 26" rim size as part of a world-domination plan. We just like to confuse cyclists and stop them having fun on their enormous 700c rims...

Percy

You're right Percy. It is a myth put around by an underground movement pushing the 26" rim size as part of a world-domination plan. We just like to confuse cyclists and stop them having fun on their enormous 700c rims...

Thought so - I'm onto you!!1! *puts on tin foil hat*

Top Bottom