Cycling holiday in Poland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rumi

Hi everyone!

My name is Mike. I’m 25 years old Polish guy.
I would like you to read about my cycling holiday proposition but first a few words about me.
Currently I work in a bike hire shop in Snowdonia National Park in North Wales and I enjoy my work as I’m a cycle enthusiast. I spent 22 years of my life in Poland where I did my BA in physical education. The region where I come from is one of the nicest places in Poland and it is still unknown for you living in Britain. My family home is in town of Jelenia Gora which has a 100 thousand population. 10 miles from my home are Karkonosze Mountains, 17 miles from home is Czech Republic. The highest peak is Sniezka which 1602 meters high and it is Czech’s highest mountain. This region is a heaven for cyclist and during the winter for skiers. There are hundred of miles off traffic cycle paths, roads, single trails. I had been cycling there with my friends for many years of my life before I moved to the UK in 2005.

I’m thinking of coming back to Poland to my home region. I want to open a business. I want to organize fully guided cycling holidays for British people. I have got a coupe of questions to all of you who are reading this.
Would you like to go on a guided cycling holiday to a very beautiful region of Europe – Karkonosze Mountains which are on Polish and Czech Republic border? My parents have an self – catering apartment for holiday let to sleep maximum 7 people and you will be accommodated there. You will be using decent mountain bikes, eating Polish and Czech local food in restaurants, hostels or I can arrange my grandmother’s and mother’s home made food delivered to the apartment. I will do all your transfers as I have a minibus with a bike trailer. You will be based at the apartment and every day we will head for a cycle trip to a new beautiful place. There are so many hundreds miles of tracks that I can find something suitable for any cyclist no matter how experienced and fit.
There are many other activities to do for example: hiking, horse riding, quad biking,
visiting historic cities like Prague and Wroclaw in Poland with exciting night life, etc.

Cost for 4 adult people staying 7 nights is [FONT=&quot]₤[/FONT]1200 which is [FONT=&quot]₤[/FONT]300 per person, that price includes:

• Accommodation
  • Bike hire
  • My guidance
  • All car transfers including airport run from and to Prague

Food is cheap in Poland. ₤10 per head daily is enough even including a meal somewhere on a trail.

Cheap flights to Prague can be found from many UK airports. I recently used Ryanair, payied ₤80 for a return ticket from Birmingham to Prague.

Find out more about Karkonosze Mountains: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karkonosze

Please tell me what you think about my idea. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Would you like to be one of my guests?

My email: bikeandmike@googlemail.com

Sorry for my English

I attach some pictures which were taken in Karkonosze Mountains (I’m the read head guy)

P1010007.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010045.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010063.jpg

P1010068.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010117.jpg

P1010125.jpg

P1010126.jpg

P1010129.jpg

PICT0305.jpg

PICT0328.jpg

PICT0511.jpg

PICT0655.jpg

PICT0688.jpg

PICT0931.jpg

PICT0949.jpg

PICT0974.jpg

PICT3828.jpg

PICT3835.jpg

PICT4066.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Welcome
Just returned from a 2 day business trip to Ostroda lakes area. Very pretty indeed, but not as dramatic as your photos.
I would certainly recommend Poland as a place to consider going cycle-touring, the countryside has much to offer and is very tranquil, there's a lot of History and contrasts between old and new.
I've visited Poland some 3 or 4 times now in different places and have enjoyed it every time.

Good luck with your venture!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Most important question. Whats the beer like and how cheap is it ? ;)

OP
OP
R

rumi

Beer is very good!
Top Polish brands like Zywiec, Tyskie, Lech, Warka cost about 60p for a 0.5L can in Tesco and about 1.20 somewhere in hostel on a trail!
Similar prices in Czech Republic.

Top Bottom