Cycling idiocy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuardTwin

I was on my way home today, it was getting a little dark but cars was still going around without lights and I saw the police talking to a guy who had very dark clothing on and no lights on his bike, all i heard was "Even though it is not that dark yet, you need lights for commuting." So I asume he was seen several times before in the week or mentioned he cycles all the time late.

I have lights on my bike even though I am not expecting myself to be caught out in the dark too much also the idea of not having a lights does not seem right. Reflectors jacket is something I need to buy. I need payday to come today.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
2790692 said:
I had my offer of a pair of lights turned down this evening. Very politely by a man with a German accent on London Bridge. He said he was only going to the station and had lights at home.

I would like to think of something witty to say Adrian but after that words just fail me. And thats unusual.

Steve

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
2790692 said:
I had my offer of a pair of lights turned down this evening. Very politely by a man with a German accent on London Bridge. He said he was only going to the station and had lights at home.
This "light offering" of yours resembles to the door knocking of "want cheaper gas/electricity" people.
In saying that, I feel dead sorry about closing the front door in their faces, but do it nevertheless.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Pat "5mph" said:
This "light offering" of yours resembles to the door knocking of "want cheaper gas/electricity" people.
In saying that, I feel dead sorry about closing the front door in their faces, but do it nevertheless.

2792548 said:
Does it? I am not looking to tie people into long term contracts like a drug dealer giving freebies.
Ok, I was being diplomatic there: substitute "door knocking gas/electricity" people for "door to door religious recruiter" :sweat: ah, political correctness is hard work.
Anyway, do you want your offerings to be used only for one journey?
Of course you wish them to be used long term.