cycling in Cumbernauld

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weeloubylou

Hi, looking for cycle clubs in Cumbernauld or fellow cyclists with moderate fitness that fancy doing a wee bit of training once the weather gets better.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hiya again!
Saw your other post in the welcome mat first, so answered there!
Might meet soon on a CC Ecosse or a Belles ride :hello:

shyfire

Hello, used to stay in Cumbernauld, now a few miles along the road.
Not a club but there is a new cycling initiative, 'I am Bike' that I think is going to start regular rides. Don't know much about it yet, they are on Facebook and have a website http://cycletothemoon.com/ Might be worth a look
Bit further away but Stirling Cycle Hub is also running monthly MTB and road rides in prep for PofS http://www.stirlingcyclehub.org/news/90-monthly-hub-club-rides .

Hi, looking for cycle clubs in Cumbernauld or fellow cyclists with moderate fitness that fancy doing a wee bit of training once the weather gets better.

Hi I'm in Gartcosh not far away from Cumbernauld, I'm looking for someone to go cycling with, don't mind coming up to Cumbernauld, I work there anyway so know the place fairly well. Get in touch and we can meet up

OP
OP
Weeloubylou

Weeloubylou

Hi I'm in Gartcosh not far away from Cumbernauld, I'm looking for someone to go cycling with, don't mind coming up to Cumbernauld, I work there anyway so know the place fairly well. Get in touch and we can meet up
Hiya Nicola, that sounds great I'll give you a wee shout in a couple of wks. :-) :sun::bicycle:

Well hopefully this weather will get better, Im sick of getting soaked and ending up freezing, Im now resorting to spin classes!!

OP
OP
Weeloubylou

Weeloubylou

Well hopefully this weather will get better, Im sick of getting soaked and ending up freezing, Im now resorting to spin classes!!
I just don't cycle from Nov to end of feb sometimes mid march as I don't do frozen snotter :cold::cold:...spin classes, now that is a good idea! I just back from body pump, first class in a long time, I'm going to be so broken in a day or two :training:

baisikeli

Regular
Hi Weeloubylou - although I'm from Cumby too, I would also recommend Stirling Bike Club (I'm a member and therefore a bit biased) which meets at 10am at the Peak Sports Centre - next to Stirling Albion's ground. Different groups go out that cater for all abilities - from very inexperienced to very experienced cyclists and there is an increasing number of females too which is great. No one is left behind. From my expereince a very friendly club - and honest I'm not on commission although the Chairman is my dad - I'm kidding about that bit. It's great that the nights are getting lighter. :sun:

OP
OP
Weeloubylou

Weeloubylou

Hiya Baisikeli, very pleased to meet you:welcome:. That sounds like a good plan, what days do you meet up? I'm cycling with the Belles's on Tuesday, first real cycle of the season, just:wahhey: hoping the weather holds out! Yeah, its it wonderful that the nights are getting lighter and slowly warmer. :wahhey::sun:

baisikeli

Regular
Sorry Weeloubylou I should have said Sat at 10am although some go out on a Sunday too but that's more informal. The different groups meet at Corrieris after their respective Sat runs for a bite to eat and a bit of banter - so there is a good social element to the club too. There's training on a Tues nite but that hasn't started yet. The club has a good website too.

After a winter of commuting I'm enjoying riding to work and home again. Hope u enjoy being on your bike again. :bicycle:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hi Weeloubylou - although I'm from Cumby too, I would also recommend Stirling Bike Club (I'm a member and therefore a bit biased) which meets at 10am at the Peak Sports Centre - next to Stirling Albion's ground. Different groups go out that cater for all abilities - from very inexperienced to very experienced cyclists and there is an increasing number of females too which is great. No one is left behind. From my expereince a very friendly club - and honest I'm not on commission although the Chairman is my dad - I'm kidding about that bit. It's great that the nights are getting lighter. :sun:
Iv been trying to get my forum access approved for months re joining arise, but being ignored. Joined last year, but was tOo intimidated to ride with a club, but wanted to get a feel for how I would fit in. Do you know who to prod for approval?

OP
OP
Weeloubylou

Weeloubylou

I Louch :welcome:, I'm not sure but you could ask the forum. The cycling clubs cater for all levels so you should be fine. What I need is a little help at boasting my confidence on the road, I was going to nip down to @iambikes and see if they can support me with this. Let me know how you get on, are you thinking of starting your own club?

Top Bottom