Cycling in Holland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparrow371

Regular
I am looking to have a cycling holiday in Holland next June. I was wondering if anybody had any helpful tips on cycling there, where to stay, good places to cycle, and any nice routes. We are looking to spend about a week over there!
We will be taking our bikes over on the Harwich ferry to the Hook.

raybo

Guru
This page has 12 links to information about bike touring in Holland.

Not all of them will be of interest to you but some will deal directly with the questions you asked above.

OP
OP
sparrow371

sparrow371

Regular
Hi Raybo,

Thank you for the link. It is really useful and answered a lot of my questions. We are really looking forward to cycling over there!
Thanks again, Nick

OP
OP
sparrow371

sparrow371

Regular
Hi Rich,
Thank you for the link. It looks like you had a great time. Can't await till we go over. The route looks pretty good with several miles under your belt.
We are off to the isle of wight in October for a couple of days. This will be our first time of touring!!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
The LF1 can be pretty awfull if you have bad weather, not many places to get food or drink you need to come of the LF1, we found it a much nicer ride to go inland, the cycle ways are really easy to follow, the canals are really pretty and plenty of places to stop for refreshments. we did it a couple of years ago ,
Well worth going to Delft at some point, not to far from the hook wished we could have spent a bit more time there, enjoy your trip.

OP
OP
sparrow371

sparrow371

Regular
Hi Derrick,
That is most useful. Just looked at Delft on the net and it looks beautiful. Think we may head there first and then up to Amsterdam and stay there a couple of days...so looking forward to the trip..

Top Bottom