Cycling in leicester.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Spent a few days here this week. Never seen anything like it. No lights beer swilling,diving across lights running people over on pavements. Is this the worst city in the country.

What about the cyclists - hwo were they behaving?

robjh

Legendary Member
Well, I admit I haven't cycled in the Leicester rush hour for 10 years, I commute down to Coventry now, but I still ride into Leicester a lot on Saturdays and I haven't noticed any more madness than elsewhere ( nor in Cov for that matter ). In fact compared to a lot of the London-based postings on here they seem like havens of normality and co-existence.

3tyretrackterry

i commute in leicester and i will admit the rush hour is pretty bad but i would imagine no worse than other major cities also at present there are several road work projects on which tends to make things worse by funnelling traffic. the cycle network through and around leicester is pretty good and i dont have to ride on roads for most of the major parts of my commute. i would be interested to see what the rush hour is like in west wales before making comment on whether leicester is worse or not

Arch

Married to Night Train
lukesdad said:
Spent a few days here this week. Never seen anything like it. No lights beer swilling,diving across lights running people over on pavements. Is this the worst city in the country.

Sounds like most cities to me - even York, a city with a very big cycling culture, has its share of numpties and chavs.

I've cycled a bit in Leicester, although I didn't really get into cycling until I'd left there, and I've not noticed it being any better or worse than any other place.

How many cities have you cycled in to make comparisons?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
cant say i ever cycled into the city centre but i used to take a nice run from Burton upon Trent to Beaumont Leys and back via bradgate park ,but that was about 15 years ago

Kaid

Hi Guys

Its been 7/8 weeks since I started riding again and commuting to work in Leicester about 3 miles each way and 6 miles when I go to another office location I work at.

Must admit that I am OK with it and think that most of the motorists are pretty courteous compared to other parts of the country especially at rush hour. There are some really good cycle paths and ways in the city too.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Used to cycle thru lesta don't miss it now I miss out the city centre to cycle south to the pothole filled streets of coventry. Can't say it was any worse than other big cities I've cycled in.

Top Bottom