Cycling in Romsey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob8472

Hi . I'm new to cycling & looking for people to cycle with in Romsey. The only issue is i can only get out in the evening about 8pm. I've started cycling with a friend from Portsmouth & done a couple of 30 mile rides over that way. Looking for people to ride with in the Romsey area.

Thanks Rob

Reactions: mjr
Hi . I'm new to cycling & looking for people to cycle with in Romsey. The only issue is i can only get out in the evening about 8pm. I've started cycling with a friend from Portsmouth & done a couple of 30 mile rides over that way. Looking for people to ride with in the Romsey area.

Thanks Rob
You're not too far from me ( docks area of Southampton) I know some cracking routes around Romsey.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hi Rob,

I was in a similar situation a few years ago with some family constraints so you have my sympathies.

The timing does make it difficult as most club and social rides are going to set off a bit earlier, even in high summer. There are a few forumers around your way that I'm aware of, but I'm probably just a bit too far away in Winchester for an 8pm kick-off. If Cyclechat can't help, it might be worth getting in touch with either the Southampton or Winchester CTC groups (both active from what I know) to see if they know anyone around Romsey that needs a late evening ride partner. Sotonia CC (Southampton) and VC Venta (Winch) are your two local road clubs and they might also have some night owls, although expect the standard to be high.

As 'kill says, Romsey's a great kicking off spot for riding as you can head south into the NF (best avoided in high summer), west to the Wellows and Salisbury or north to Stockbridge, Andover and hills beyond, all without touching a busy road.

Your local club is Sotonia CC which meets for club runs just up the road in North Baddesley, but there aren't any regular evening rides (apart from chain-gang race training on Tuesdays starting at 7pm). You could pop along to the club room (8 - 10 pm Tuesdays at the Valley Park community centre) and meet a few members and see if anyone wants to hook up for an evening ride.
If you like I could put a message on the club forum asking if anyone is doing a regular evening ride from Romsey, although I suspect that 8pm will be a bit late for most people.

If you can ever make it daytime, club runs are 10am Wednesday & 9am Sunday meeting at the car park next to the shops in Fleming Avenue, North Baddesley. You're welcome to come along a couple of times before joining.

OP
OP
R

Rob8472

Hi Rob,

I was in a similar situation a few years ago with some family constraints so you have my sympathies.

The timing does make it difficult as most club and social rides are going to set off a bit earlier, even in high summer. There are a few forumers around your way that I'm aware of, but I'm probably just a bit too far away in Winchester for an 8pm kick-off. If Cyclechat can't help, it might be worth getting in touch with either the Southampton or Winchester CTC groups (both active from what I know) to see if they know anyone around Romsey that needs a late evening ride partner. Sotonia CC (Southampton) and VC Venta (Winch) are your two local road clubs and they might also have some night owls, although expect the standard to be high.

As 'kill says, Romsey's a great kicking off spot for riding as you can head south into the NF (best avoided in high summer), west to the Wellows and Salisbury or north to Stockbridge, Andover and hills beyond, all without touching a busy road.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out some cycle clubs. Work & family life make it impossible to go out through the day

OP
OP
R

Rob8472

Your local club is Sotonia CC which meets for club runs just up the road in North Baddesley, but there aren't any regular evening rides (apart from chain-gang race training on Tuesdays starting at 7pm). You could pop along to the club room (8 - 10 pm Tuesdays at the Valley Park community centre) and meet a few members and see if anyone wants to hook up for an evening ride.
If you like I could put a message on the club forum asking if anyone is doing a regular evening ride from Romsey, although I suspect that 8pm will be a bit late for most people.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to pop in one Tuesday & meet a few people. If you could put a message on your club notice board it would be much appreciated

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the reply. If you're ever in the mood for an evening ride give me a shout
Will do.

e-rider

crappy member

Thanks Rob
if you can only cycle after 8pm on weekdays, and nothing at weekends you might want to take up another sport?

Top Bottom